Mark Thomas Info

This link will take you to a list of links to friends of Sensitize © & Upstate Renegade Productions.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Mark Thomas Info

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

Hi all. It is an absolute pleasure and privilege to add the Mark Thomas Info website to our list of Friends of Sensitize. Mark and the crew have a long and wonderful history of confronting the 'baddies' such as; Arms Traders, BAE Systems, Coca-Cola, Jack Straw, Mc Donalds and many, many more self-appointed head-the-gratens.

I will add more to this links message but for now; pay a visit to them on;

http://www.markthomasinfo.com/

They are the Salt of the Earth and very busy on behalf of us all.

Mark Thomas Info

Hyperlinks in this message are the © copyright property of and to;
http://www.markthomasinfo.com/
Last edited by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh on Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:59 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
psikottix
visitor

Re: Mark Thomas Info

Post by psikottix »

Lugh wrote:They are the Salt of the Earth and very busy on behalf of us all.
Some of them are utter cnuts!!!

:roll:

:wink:
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Re: Mark Thomas Info

psikottix wrote: Some of them are utter cnuts!!!

:roll:

:wink:
Lol, you know them better than me Psi mate. Gotta take the rough with the smooth though :wink: ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
psikottix
visitor

Post by psikottix »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Thomas wrote:Mark Clifford Thomas (born 11 April 1963) is a British comedian, presenter, political activist and reporter from south London. He first came to light as a guest comic on the BBC Radio 1 comedy show The Mary Whitehouse Experience in the late 1980s. He is best known for political stunts on his show, The Mark Thomas Comedy Product on Channel 4.

He studied Theatre Arts at Bretton Hall College, just south of Wakefield.

Prior to his most renowned vehicle, The Mark Thomas Comedy Product, Thomas was the resident stand-up comic on Saturday Zoo, a Channel 4 comedy series first screened in 1993. He also presented the highly successful BBC Radio 1 talk show Loose Talk and is also a founder member of the London Comedy Store's hard hitting Cutting Edge show.

His political comedy shows, The Mark Thomas Comedy Product and The Mark Thomas Product on Channel 4 earned him criticism from politicians but were seen by critics as a crucial investigative tool. In one edition, Thomas investigated the practice of avoiding inheritance tax by declaring art, furniture, homes and land available for public viewing. Thomas showed how Nicholas Soames hid this fact from the public and at the same time avoided paying tax. After being pursued relentlessly by Thomas legitimately asking for permission to see his furniture, Soames eventually paid the tax, and Gordon Brown, Chancellor of the Exchequer changed the law.

Leaving Channel 4 was a mutual decision, following a series of disputes over how far the channel would go in its broadcasting, one of which concerned the channel's reluctance to support actions concerning corporate accountability and corporate manslaughter laws - a cause he had campaigned for - which coincided with the Queen Mother's funeral. He declined to take part in a proposed Celebrity Guantanamo Bay 'reality TV' show.

Thomas has appeared at numerous comedy benefit nights, and is a well established stand-up comedian in the UK. He is the Chairman of the Ilısu Dam Campaign, a campaign which was successful in temporarily blocking the development of a large-scale hydroelectric dam in southeast Turkey that campaigners claim will lead to the displacement of up to 78,000 people, mostly Kurds, without adequate compensation or consultation, as well as to environmental and cultural destruction.

Recently Thomas has been working with War On Want in India and investigating and filming human rights violations in Colombia (by, amongst others, Coca-Cola ) where trade unions are targeted by militia allegedly controlled by the government. He has written a regular column for the New Statesman since 2001.

Thomas is married with a son and daughter called Charlie and Izzy. He appeared on Have I Got News for You on 21 May 1993.

A recent picture shows Thomas perched sitting on the leg of a statue of comedian Eric Morecambe, apparently one of his comedy heroes.

The Parliamentary committee which oversees weapons exports, the House of Commons Quadripartite Select Committee, commended him for his undercover work, which led to official warning letters being issued to a number of companies. His work in this area is covered in As Used on the Famous Nelson Mandela: Underground Adventures in the Arms and Torture Trade, a book chronicling his experiences undercover, his political activism and his projects designed to find and report loopholes in arms trading laws, which culminated in a controversial unbroadcast Newsnight article about the Hinduja brothers.

Whilst promoting this book on his latest tour, Thomas is also organising Mass Lone Demonstrations, in protest at a law that prevents any demonstrations around Parliament Square in London without prior police approval. The last event attracted over 100 lone protestors at the same time .

Is a keen collector of bakelite telephones.
I mention all that just in case no one has any idea who Mark is. And because I am one of the damned fools that works with the farty bastard. Thanks for linking to us, Lugh!

:D
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

:wink: T'was and is an honour Psi...

Be free and use Sensitize for any campaigns or comedy you guys want to put across. 'Bums on seats' etc, etc, etc. Nudge, nudge. Know what I mean? Say no moah...

No wait. That's Monty Python...

Feck...

Oh yeah... Fuck Coca-Cola & McDonalds :idea: ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Return to “Friends of Sensitize © & Upstate Renegade Productions”