lal. By Louis P. Burns aka Lugh © 1993 / 2006.

This link will take you to poetry by featured guests and members of Sensitize ©.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

lal. By Louis P. Burns aka Lugh © 1993 / 2006.

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

lal. (hindi for beloved).
By Louis P. Burns aka Lugh © 1993 / 2006. All Rights Reserved.
  • into my darkness
    came a piercing light.
    burning with love.
    prepared for a fight.

she broke the altar.
    she cracked the wrath
    and she lay me down
    on a new shining path.

she's my guardian angel.
    her voice on the phone.
    when i face the world,
    i'm as solid as stone.

no-one can break me.
    i ride the fourth breeze
    til she guides me down softly
    and i land with ease.

safe in the arms of love.
    safe in the arms of love
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
the_leander
visitor

Post by the_leander »

lal... Why do I get the feeling you're a long time treky?

Nice poem btw :D
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

the_leander wrote:lal... Why do I get the feeling you're a long time treky?

Nice poem btw :D
Hi ya Alan and thanks :D ...

Very well spotted Dude. For those of you 'not-in-the-know', Alan is 100% right and my poem; Lal, was indeed inspired by an episode of; Star Trek - The Next Generation (TNG) called; The Offspring. There were several excellent storylines on TNG but that particular episode blew my mind. The whole notion of Commander Data (android crew member) seeking to gain true sentience by creating Lal, or having the need to pass on knowledge and to nurture another being was wonderful. In one of the scenes of The Offspring, Data explained why he had called his daughter; Lal. He said that the word meant 'beloved'...

I wrote Lal back in 1993 when life as an actor and community art's activist was at its busiest for me. I was working for Radio Telefís Éireann / RTE here in Ireland and made a great friend in a wonderful woman called Deirdre Ahern; the Production Co-ordinator for Glenroe which was the show I appeared in. I played the part of a burglar who looked like regular cast member Blackie Connors played by Liam Heffernan. The storyline addressed predjudice that members of the Travelling Community faced because Blackie got accused of robberies my character carried out...

Lal is a celebration of womanhood written out of respect for my friend, Deirdre Ahern. A lot of time has passed since my Glenroe appearance and I have been involved in many other projects. I will always remember those early days of my career and the friendship and support I got from Deirdre. Cool woman 8) ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Catherine Edmunds
artist, poet & writer

Post by Catherine Edmunds »

This works so well. Simple, sensitive, passionate; all that and more. Very musical too.

Lovely poem, Lugh.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Cheers Delph :D
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Return to “New Media Poetry on Sensitize ©”