Ode To John Peel. By Louis P. Burns aka Lugh © 2006

This link will take you to poetry by featured guests and members of Sensitize ©.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Ode To John Peel. By Louis P. Burns aka Lugh © 2006

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

ode to john peel
By Louis P. Burns aka Lugh © 2006. All Rights Reserved
Editor - Catherine Edmunds
  • the summer has been silenced
    airwaves bleed but feel less real
    festivals are lifeless jokes
    without his love, his zeal

and some things maintain balance
    others keep good vibes intact
    his undertones discovery
    kept our minds tuned to this fact

his sessions show on radio one
    got new bands a record deal
    so this poem is for all of that
    i say 'well played, mr peel...'
Last edited by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh on Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:06 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Catherine Edmunds
artist, poet & writer

Post by Catherine Edmunds »

Old Grey Whistle test presenter? Since when? Hmm... I only remember 'whispering' Bob Harris. Will just go and check...

Right; first presenter, Richard Williams, then whispering Bob, then Annie Nightingale, then in quick succession Andy Kershaw, David Hepworth and Mark Ellen. John Peel may have done a guest show or two, but I've a feeling that's all, so I'd change that second stanza if I were you, Lugh.

Nice poem though. I like its simplicity and obvious respect and affection for John Peel.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Thanks Delph :D

Sorted mate 8) ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Catherine Edmunds
artist, poet & writer

Yeah, that's better Lugh.

Here are a few other points.

First stanza, I love the rhymes of bleed/feel/real/zeal and the alliteration of summer/silenced and less/lifeless/love.

Second stanza makes sense now. 'somethings' needs to be 'some things' though.

Third stanza, drop the apostrophe from the end of sessions. Not needed. The show didn't belong to the sessions, it was a simply a sessions show, like a dog show (not a dog's show). I like the way you return to the original rhyme in this last stanza. Ties it all together nicely.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

delph_ambi wrote:Yeah, that's better Lugh.

Here are a few other points.

First stanza, I love the rhymes of bleed/feel/real/zeal and the alliteration of summer/silenced and less/lifeless/love.

Second stanza makes sense now. 'somethings' needs to be 'some things' though.

Third stanza, drop the apostrophe from the end of sessions. Not needed. The show didn't belong to the sessions, it was a simply a sessions show, like a dog show (not a dog's show). I like the way you return to the original rhyme in this last stanza. Ties it all together nicely.
Nice one Delph :D

Cheers :)
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Catherine Edmunds
artist, poet & writer

Err... just noticed a few more tiny errors. :oops:

Should be 'well played, mr peel...' not 'well played mr. peel'..., or in other words, needs a comma after 'played'; the closing speech mark should come after the ellipses; and you should drop the full stop after mr as it's archaic.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Changes made.

Cheers Delph mate. Much appreciated... :D
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Salvador Oria
poet & writer

Post by Salvador Oria »

Where's Diana Rigg?
"...my dreams were all my own; i accounted for them to nobody; they
were my refuge when annoyed - my dearest pleasure when free."
mary shelley in her author's introduction to "frankestein", 1831.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Argie wrote:Where's Diana Rigg?
I ate her :P
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Return to “New Media Poetry on Sensitize ©”