So, You're In The Picture...

This link will take you to poetry by featured guests and members of Sensitize ©.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

So, You're In The Picture...

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

I've called this thread 'So, You're In The Picture' and hope that other members of Sensitize will find their favourite contemporary poets 'in performance' online and link to them through here. Verbal Art which is what poetry is, must be encouraged and made readily available to new writers coming to the form. It is by sharing all that has come before, that new work sees the light of day.

One of my heroes of Activist Poetry is Mancunian Punk Poet; John Cooper Clarke. Not only was he a backlash to the frustrations of disaffected youth in England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales in the 70's and 80's but he was an example of just how much could be done and said with poetry. Click any of the hyperlinks below and see for yourselves. It may take a bit of time for the videos to load to your pc's. I would urge a bit of patience. This bloke's going through a renaissance and I think it's long over due...One of my own video-poems, an old version of; High Velocity has recently be uploaded to YouTube.com Hopefully it will inspire other poets to set up their webcams and perform their material... All other hyperlinks in this message are to John Cooper Clarke's official website and performances by John Cooper Clarke uploaded to www.YouTube.com

Cheers :wink:

Hyperlinks in this message are to John Cooper Clarke's official website;
http://www.johncooperclarke.com/

and

www.YouTube.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z80XDK1QMX4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kLhZTP4ywY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxzSXPY0R80
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOnrqGuAayQ
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
spacecadet
visitor

Post by spacecadet »

You've just mentioned two heros from my youth. JCCs "Gimmix" (B side - "I married a monster from outer space") is a prized possession.

And Joy Division? They were the teenage angst soundtrack of my formative years.

Good call.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

spacecadet wrote:You've just mentioned two heros from my youth. JCCs "Gimmix" (B side - "I married a monster from outer space") is a prized possession.

And Joy Division? They were the teenage angst soundtrack of my formative years.

Good call.
Maaaan, Joy Division. Said it all really didn't they? Them, The Fall, The Smiths and The Bunnymen (Liverpudlian, I know)...

Craig Charles of Red Dwarf fame was also a favourite of mine. He did a poem years ago on Channel 4's 'Friday Night Live' called; I Doubt It. Don't You? Fuck'd if I can find it anywhere online, but it was the catalyst for me to first explore poetry as a means of overthrowing authority... I wrote a piece called Voice Of The Crowd which later became a song and was directly inspired by that poem and the political climate of the world in 1987...

JCC - Genius. Nuff said mate...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
spacecadet
visitor

Post by spacecadet »

I can't find any Craig Charles stuff either but it was his simple unclever yet humourous style that showed me that I could (possibly) do poetry for myself.

I remember his line "I wish that my pencil knew what I think, it could write it down for me while I have a drink", delivered with a pint in hand.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

spacecadet wrote:"I wish that my pencil knew what I think, it could write it down for me while I have a drink", delivered with a pint in hand.
Perfection :wink:
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Return to “New Media Poetry on Sensitize ©”