Weed Poetry Anyone?

This link will take you to poetry by featured guests and members of Sensitize ©.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Salvador Oria
poet & writer

Re: Weed Poetry Anyone?

Post by Salvador Oria »

Piping

Small metal pipes
or made from porcelain
hold chemicals
to be heated
by carefully
dropped embers.
Deeply aspired
and then blown
slowly
scenting the air
already perfumed;
one day
other flowers
will be plucked
and dried
to refill the pipes
one other day
next month,
or next year,
for an adventurous flight
or an odyssey
to dream
once again
without fear.

Salvador Oria aka Argie Copyright 2008
(All rights reserved)
Last edited by Salvador Oria on Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...my dreams were all my own; i accounted for them to nobody; they
were my refuge when annoyed - my dearest pleasure when free."
mary shelley in her author's introduction to "frankestein", 1831.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

Great poem Sal :D

slight spelling mistake 'parfumed' should be 'perfumed.' do you want me to copy it over to the healing herbs' pages when you've corrected it dude?

thanks for sharing 8) :mrgreen: ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Salvador Oria
poet & writer

Post by Salvador Oria »

Correction made and thanks to you BOLD! The probable cause was my normal pronunciation of this word... sorry.
:D

and oh, yes, copy it wherever you want it.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Salvador Oria wrote:Correction made and thanks to you BOLD!
LOL - I haven't been called BOLD for a while. What a flashback :shock: :mrgreen: Louis = Bold Warrior, which was abbreviated to BOLD while researching for the Healing Herbs film via MSN Cloud 9 (now defunct). It was also my screename on the original Sensitize and a few other MSN groups. I prefer Lugh though. It's the native Irish Gaelic translation of my name and has loads of positive energies for me and hopefully a few more :) ...
Salvador Oria wrote:The probable cause was my normal pronunciation of this word... sorry.
Write on the Sensitize blackboard 100 times: 'I must stop apologising for my words and remember that I am a writer with the freedom (always) to change my world on an instant.'
Salvador Oria wrote:and oh, yes, copy it wherever you want it.
Cheers Sal. Very much appreciated old chap :D ...

I will consult with you throughout the page's design on a trial webpage of the domain and may include photography by myself or other photographers or illustrations by other artists. This will be carried out via email between the artists involved...

Have a great day/evening in sunny Bueno Aires :lol: 8) ...

Slainte mo chára :wink: ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Salvador Oria
poet & writer

Post by Salvador Oria »

I posted this yesterday, somewhere in here thinking I was standing on the right place but it seems I was not. Then I remembered it was in The Pleasure Dome at Multiply. This should have been the right place, so it goes again...

Shrinking loves.

Seven plants I had in flowerpots,
seven plants I lovingly cared for.
Three show their male attributes,
and four are now my dolls.
(c) 2009 Argie aka Salvador Oria
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Salvador Oria wrote:I posted this yesterday, somewhere in here thinking I was standing on the right place but it seems I was not. Then I remembered it was in The Pleasure Dome at Multiply. This should have been the right place, so it goes again...

Shrinking loves.

Seven plants I had in flowerpots,
seven plants I lovingly cared for.
Three show their male attributes,
and four are now my dolls.
(c) 2009 Argie aka Salvador Oria
It's not a criticism Salvador but, why did you call this piece 'Shrinking Loves'? Aren't your female plants growing and coming into bloom? Remember, it is the closed flowering buds that hold the most potency for harvesters / tokers of weed (for medicinal purposes of course - coff!) :P :wink: :mrgreen: ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Salvador Oria wrote:Piping

Small metal pipes
or made from porcelain
hold chemicals
to be heated
by carefully
dropped embers.
Deeply aspired
and then blown
slowly
scenting the air
already perfumed;
one day
other flowers
will be plucked
and dried
to refill the pipes
one other day
next month,
or next year,
for an adventurous flight
or an odyssey
to dream
once again
without fear.

Salvador Oria aka Argie Copyright 2008
(All rights reserved)
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh wrote:Great poem Sal :D

slight spelling mistake 'parfumed' should be 'perfumed.' do you want me to copy it over to the healing herbs' pages when you've corrected it dude?

thanks for sharing 8) :mrgreen: ...
Salvador Oria wrote:Correction made and thanks to you BOLD! The probable cause was my normal pronunciation of this word... sorry.

and oh, yes, copy it wherever you want it.
Thanks Salvador :)

This link will take you to a temporary designing webpage for your poem entitled - Piping':

http://www.upstaterenegadeproductions.c ... lised.html

Please understand that I am still working on this page, so the layout will be different and your poem will be sited at the top of the page or perhaps down the lefthand side of the film window. It's not clear yet which is best lol ...

Cheers :)
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Salvador Oria
poet & writer

Post by Salvador Oria »

Well, it's a poetical figure which I imagined will need no explanation; but, as it appears that it has to be explained, there I go.

My "loves" shrunk from seven candid unsexed little things to only four and God knows how many will stay to be duly harvested... The last remaining will know no impregnation i.e. no sex, and will stay virginal loves to give their lives to the gardener the day he comes to pluck the only part of their bodies he wants: their virginal parts!

(Freud, being not one of us, would surely have had something to say about this, but fortunately he is bloody dead).

Cheers.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Salvador Oria wrote:Well, it's a poetical figure which I imagined will need no explanation; but, as it appears that it has to be explained, there I go.

My "loves" shrunk from seven candid unsexed little things to only four and God knows how many will stay to be duly harvested... The last remaining will know no impregnation i.e. no sex, and will stay virginal loves to give their lives to the gardener the day he comes to pluck the only part of their bodies he wants: their virginal parts!

(Freud, being not one of us, would surely have had something to say about this, but fortunately he is bloody dead).

Cheers.
hahahahahahaa. Yeah Freud. Freud the Fraud. He knew nothing about weed :P ...

Bummer about your plants shrinking and presumably, dying? Were they getting enough water and sunlight dude? That's pretty important unless growing in an artificial environment such as the one seen in our film; Healing Herbs...

Still, you have a few more and hopefully they will grow to fullness and give you an ample yield of; euphoric inducing, pain-relieving tea, cookies and smokable herbs...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Return to “New Media Poetry on Sensitize ©”