Weed Poetry Anyone?

This link will take you to poetry by featured guests and members of Sensitize ©.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Weed Poetry Anyone?

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

Weed Poetry Anyone?

Hi. This is an invitation to all active members who want to become involved in our Healing Herbs production.

If any active members have poems they have written about marijuana, or for that matter any writing on marijuana but especially focusing on the healing/pain relieving qualities of marijuana. Can they please post them into here? In return and in keeping with the spirit of community arts and collaborative new media, your work will be uploaded to the Healing Herbs section of our domain and you will be fully credited for your input.

Perhaps you have drawings or paintings on the same theme. They too are welcome. It is the aim of Upstate Renegade Productions to overthrow the ridiculous legislation still dogging medical marijuana users. We hope to embarrass the government into easing up on disabled people's civil and human right to relieve their pain through what is at the end of the day a simple weed that has been used in many cultures for centuries.

Why should/would anyone poison themselves with prescription medications that keep doctors and pharmaceutical companies floating in sickening amounts of cash? Nature has provided a plant that does the same thing. Why should disabled people become criminals because of the silly and outdated laws governing marijuana?

It's time the fat-cats were toppled. It's time to take back control. Don't forget; UK politician - Jack Straw's son was caught dealing hashish. Clearly, it's one rule for the government / their families and another law for us..!

Peace...
Last edited by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh on Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
spacecadet
visitor

Post by spacecadet »

I did a love poem called "Hazy Jane" about 4 years ago. I'll see if I have a copy of it somewhere.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

one for the uk government

one for the uk government
By Louis P. Burns aka Lugh © 2006. All Rights Reserved.
  • pains rivet my spine
    weed and good friends relieve this
    why is health a crime?
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Catherine Edmunds
artist, poet & writer

Post by Catherine Edmunds »

When I see the phrase 'weed poetry' I think about 'weed' on Bill and Ben...

flobalob... :roll:
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

well, if ever there were two stoners to hit the big time, it was them :P

weeeeeeeed - flubbalubbalubbalub
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Salvador Oria
poet & writer

Post by Salvador Oria »

Dear Lugh:

Way down on this same poetry section there is a poem of mine in this connection: Side Effects.

The first side effect was that nobody apparently cared to say anything about it, probably under the weed's influence, or side effects if you wish... 8)
"...my dreams were all my own; i accounted for them to nobody; they
were my refuge when annoyed - my dearest pleasure when free."
mary shelley in her author's introduction to "frankestein", 1831.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Argie wrote:Dear Lugh:

Way down on this same poetry section there is a poem of mine in this connection: Side Effects.

The first side effect was that nobody apparently cared to say anything about it, probably under the weed's influence, or side effects if you wish... 8)
Thanks Sal mate :D

I appreciate your input. Can you click on edit at that page and copy it over into here please? Each participant has to submit their own work. For me to copy it is to break a serious rule from my own handbook on creativity.

Nice one Argie :wink:
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Salvador Oria
poet & writer

Post by Salvador Oria »

Side-effects

Smoke billows drifted around
after the long retained breath
hissed out grey and spent
and the pungent sweet scent
of stratified palls
filled the room...
Connections switched
sensations bewitched
us both,
sounds and senses and love;
and your mouth
was wide open,
gasping, as your heart was.

The heavy silken curtains
embroidered in threads
woven from past lives
whose ghosts are still present
in the old house
were not enough to stop
a golden ray
that crept through
a crack in the window frame
and hit me
right in the eye:
it doesn't matter
if you are here,
nor whether 'tis day
or night.
It did, but not now.

© 2006 Salvador Oria
This was posted in a thread of its own under the same name around mid 2006. Has some gothic elements...

Glad to have it here now, boss!
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Argie wrote:
Side-effects

Smoke billows drifted around
after the long retained breath
hissed out grey and spent
and the pungent sweet scent
of stratified palls
filled the room...
Connections switched
sensations bewitched
us both,
sounds and senses and love;
and your mouth
was wide open,
gasping, as your heart was.

The heavy silken curtains
embroidered in threads
woven from past lives
whose ghosts are still present
in the old house
were not enough to stop
a golden ray
that crept through
a crack in the window frame
and hit me
right in the eye:
it doesn't matter
if you are here,
nor whether 'tis day
or night.
It did, but not now.

© 2006 Salvador Oria
This was posted in a thread of its own under the same name around mid 2006. Has some gothic elements...

Glad to have it here now, boss!
I agree with you entirely Salvador. This is just perfect.

Can you now post the same poem, but without quotes or replies from anyone on here? Then we can discuss this further. Wonderful, textured and sensual work my friend.

Cheers :) ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

spacecadet
visitor

Post by spacecadet »

Found my weed poem. In retrospect, it's crap.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

spacecadet wrote:Found my weed poem. In retrospect, it's crap.
How do you know?
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

spacecadet
visitor

Post by spacecadet »

It's on my server back up drive at home. I'll post it later. I'm not proud of it other than for the fact that it was a weed poem disguised as a love poem.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

spacecadet wrote:It's on my server back up drive at home. I'll post it later. I'm not proud of it other than for the fact that it was a weed poem disguised as a love poem.
I'd love to read it mate. Thanks for your input :D ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Salvador Oria
poet & writer

Post by Salvador Oria »

If you buy cheap stuff spacecad, you'll get crap... say cat-pissed buddleia leaves or something even worst. Grow your own on the windowsill if you don't have a garden... you mix it between the geraniums: the Dutch have created, through genetic manipulation, a variety that grows a fifth in size compared with the current Paraguayan 6-foot high species, and at the same time trebles the dihydrocannabinol contents... very healthy, disguisable, and can be reproduced from its seeds :-)

Now Lugh, you don't mean I'll have to copy the same text that I quoted above, do you?
spacecadet
visitor

Post by spacecadet »

I think Lugh can verify that Britain rules the waves in the compact cultivation of our mother herb. That's the problem over here, you can only get smoke of mass destruction.

Return to “New Media Poetry on Sensitize ©”