Weed Poetry Anyone?

This link will take you to poetry by featured guests and members of Sensitize ©.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Salvador Oria
poet & writer

Post by Salvador Oria »

Dear Lugh:

Way down on this same poetry section there is a poem of mine in this connection: Side Effects.

The first side effect was that nobody apparently cared to say anything about it, probably under the weed's influence, or side effects if you wish... 8)
"...my dreams were all my own; i accounted for them to nobody; they
were my refuge when annoyed - my dearest pleasure when free."
mary shelley in her author's introduction to "frankestein", 1831.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

Argie wrote:Dear Lugh:

Way down on this same poetry section there is a poem of mine in this connection: Side Effects.

The first side effect was that nobody apparently cared to say anything about it, probably under the weed's influence, or side effects if you wish... 8)
Thanks Sal mate :D

I appreciate your input. Can you click on edit at that page and copy it over into here please? Each participant has to submit their own work. For me to copy it is to break a serious rule from my own handbook on creativity.

Nice one Argie :wink:
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Salvador Oria
poet & writer

Post by Salvador Oria »

Side-effects

Smoke billows drifted around
after the long retained breath
hissed out grey and spent
and the pungent sweet scent
of stratified palls
filled the room...
Connections switched
sensations bewitched
us both,
sounds and senses and love;
and your mouth
was wide open,
gasping, as your heart was.

The heavy silken curtains
embroidered in threads
woven from past lives
whose ghosts are still present
in the old house
were not enough to stop
a golden ray
that crept through
a crack in the window frame
and hit me
right in the eye:
it doesn't matter
if you are here,
nor whether 'tis day
or night.
It did, but not now.

© 2006 Salvador Oria
This was posted in a thread of its own under the same name around mid 2006. Has some gothic elements...

Glad to have it here now, boss!
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Argie wrote:
Side-effects

Smoke billows drifted around
after the long retained breath
hissed out grey and spent
and the pungent sweet scent
of stratified palls
filled the room...
Connections switched
sensations bewitched
us both,
sounds and senses and love;
and your mouth
was wide open,
gasping, as your heart was.

The heavy silken curtains
embroidered in threads
woven from past lives
whose ghosts are still present
in the old house
were not enough to stop
a golden ray
that crept through
a crack in the window frame
and hit me
right in the eye:
it doesn't matter
if you are here,
nor whether 'tis day
or night.
It did, but not now.

© 2006 Salvador Oria
This was posted in a thread of its own under the same name around mid 2006. Has some gothic elements...

Glad to have it here now, boss!
I agree with you entirely Salvador. This is just perfect.

Can you now post the same poem, but without quotes or replies from anyone on here? Then we can discuss this further. Wonderful, textured and sensual work my friend.

Cheers :) ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
spacecadet
visitor

Post by spacecadet »

Found my weed poem. In retrospect, it's crap.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

spacecadet wrote:Found my weed poem. In retrospect, it's crap.
How do you know?
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

spacecadet
visitor

Post by spacecadet »

It's on my server back up drive at home. I'll post it later. I'm not proud of it other than for the fact that it was a weed poem disguised as a love poem.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

spacecadet wrote:It's on my server back up drive at home. I'll post it later. I'm not proud of it other than for the fact that it was a weed poem disguised as a love poem.
I'd love to read it mate. Thanks for your input :D ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Salvador Oria
poet & writer

Post by Salvador Oria »

If you buy cheap stuff spacecad, you'll get crap... say cat-pissed buddleia leaves or something even worst. Grow your own on the windowsill if you don't have a garden... you mix it between the geraniums: the Dutch have created, through genetic manipulation, a variety that grows a fifth in size compared with the current Paraguayan 6-foot high species, and at the same time trebles the dihydrocannabinol contents... very healthy, disguisable, and can be reproduced from its seeds :-)

Now Lugh, you don't mean I'll have to copy the same text that I quoted above, do you?
spacecadet
visitor

Post by spacecadet »

I think Lugh can verify that Britain rules the waves in the compact cultivation of our mother herb. That's the problem over here, you can only get smoke of mass destruction.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Argie wrote: Now Lugh, you don't mean I'll have to copy the same text that I quoted above, do you?
Just post the text in dude. Then a short message saying you wish the piece to be included in the Healing Herbs project.

When everything is compiled your poem will be on a webpage of the Healing Herbs project alongside your name. Your name will also appear in the end credits of the Healing Herbs film. Please note, the film is going through a few more treatments for the purposes of high resolution streaming. We may even include your poem in the film.

Thanks Sal :D ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

spacecadet wrote:I think Lugh can verify that Britain rules the waves in the compact cultivation of our mother herb. That's the problem over here, you can only get smoke of mass destruction.
So bloody true mate. Disabled people should have the civil, human and legal right to grow their own medicinal marijuana. It is inhumane to impose prescription chemical toxins that have little to no pain relieving quality in many cases.

Medicinal marijuana is the homeopathic choice and as stated earlier in this thread, has been used for centuries by other cultures. By denying disabled people the right to grow their own medicinal marijuana, they are being forced to buy lower grade street hashish which is often mixed with several impurities and which can be considered a crime by the Police.

Why expose sick people to all that anxiety and stress? As I said earlier: It is inhumane.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Catherine Edmunds
artist, poet & writer

Post by Catherine Edmunds »

This one took five minutes to write... and it shows. But what the heck. Here ya go.

sweet mary jane

woke up this mornin’
feelin’ like shit
head’s full of sawdust
man, I ain’t fit

legs, they ain’t workin’
back’s in a vice
eyesight is blurry
but that’s the price

of livin’ with em ess
of livin in pain
the drugs they ain’t working
except …. mary jane

but mary ain’t legal
sweet jane ain’t allowed
can’t grow her, can’t smoke her
hey doc – ain’t you proud?

you give me your drugs
your philtres and potions
but sweet mary jane
would calm my emotions

mary jane, mary jane
come home to me
mary jane, mary jane
set my limbs free

wake up tomorrow
feelin’ just fine
if sweet mary jane
was legally mine…
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

That could become a song very easily Delph 8) ...

Brilliant mate. Brilliant :D ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Catherine Edmunds
artist, poet & writer

Post by Catherine Edmunds »

Cheers, Lugh. Yep -- it's definitely lyrics, not a poem.

Return to “New Media Poetry on Sensitize ©”