Weed Poetry Anyone?

This link will take you to poetry by featured guests and members of Sensitize ©.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Postby Louis P. Burns aka Lugh » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:52 pm

Argie wrote:Now Lugh, you don't mean I'll have to copy the same text that I quoted above, do you?

Just post the text in dude. Then a short message saying you wish the piece to be included in the Healing Herbs project.

When everything is compiled your poem will be on a webpage of the Healing Herbs project alongside your name. Your name will also appear in the end credits of the Healing Herbs film. Please note, the film is going through a few more treatments for the purposes of high resolution streaming. We may even include your poem in the film.

Thanks Sal :D ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Postby Louis P. Burns aka Lugh » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:02 pm

spacecadet wrote:I think Lugh can verify that Britain rules the waves in the compact cultivation of our mother herb. That's the problem over here, you can only get smoke of mass destruction.

So bloody true mate. Disabled people should have the civil, human and legal right to grow their own medicinal marijuana. It is inhumane to impose prescription chemical toxins that have little to no pain relieving quality in many cases.

Medicinal marijuana is the homeopathic choice and as stated earlier in this thread, has been used for centuries by other cultures. By denying disabled people the right to grow their own medicinal marijuana, they are being forced to buy lower grade street hashish which is often mixed with several impurities and which can be considered a crime by the Police.

Why expose sick people to all that anxiety and stress? As I said earlier: It is inhumane.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.

Catherine Edmunds
artist, poet & writer

Postby Catherine Edmunds » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:45 pm

This one took five minutes to write... and it shows. But what the heck. Here ya go.

sweet mary jane

woke up this mornin’
feelin’ like shit
head’s full of sawdust
man, I ain’t fit

legs, they ain’t workin’
back’s in a vice
eyesight is blurry
but that’s the price

of livin’ with em ess
of livin in pain
the drugs they ain’t working
except …. mary jane

but mary ain’t legal
sweet jane ain’t allowed
can’t grow her, can’t smoke her
hey doc – ain’t you proud?

you give me your drugs
your philtres and potions
but sweet mary jane
would calm my emotions

mary jane, mary jane
come home to me
mary jane, mary jane
set my limbs free

wake up tomorrow
feelin’ just fine
if sweet mary jane
was legally mine…

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Postby Louis P. Burns aka Lugh » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:53 pm

That could become a song very easily Delph 8) ...

Brilliant mate. Brilliant :D ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Catherine Edmunds
artist, poet & writer

Postby Catherine Edmunds » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:51 pm

Cheers, Lugh. Yep -- it's definitely lyrics, not a poem.

Return to “New Media Poetry on Sensitize ©”