Foggy Thoughts Of You. By Louis P. Burns aka Lugh ©

This link will take you to poetry by featured guests and members of Sensitize ©.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

joanne chapman
activist and campaigner

Post by joanne chapman »

Lugh, I love poetry and like this but, it seems to be missing something in the middle or maybe before the end. When reading it I feel a bit short changed if you know what I mean.

You could easily make it perfect!
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

jo wrote:Lugh, I love poetry and like this but, it seems to be missing something in the middle or maybe before the end. When reading it I feel a bit short changed if you know what I mean.

You could easily make it perfect!
Can you elaborate please Jo? What changes would you make mate? If you feel short changed, that's interesting because the piece is about emptiness and loss. I really would like to hear your opinions and suggestions...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
the_leander
visitor

Post by the_leander »

I'm not much for poetry, its never really been my thing.

However, the timelapse was for me truly beautiful. :D
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

the_leander wrote:I'm not much for poetry, its never really been my thing.
I got into it accidently years, and years, and years ago. Two early heroes of mine were Craig Charles and John Cooper Clarke. Craig Charles did a piece called 'I Doubt It. Don't You' on a live broadcast friday or saturday night show. I was gobsmacked at the immediacy of his words and his address to the world around him. The piece focused on the Toxtheth situation and racism. John Cooper Clarke. Bit of an acquired taste this bloke. Mad as a hatter, but loveable. Used to tour festivals and had a great English (Manchester, I think) accent.

Then of course there was Spike Milligan. This man expanded the whole notion of poetry by writing some of the finest poetic comedy ever. Need I say any more?
the_leander wrote:However, the timelapse was for me truly beautiful. :D
I really like time-lapse footage. It's great how setting a camera to take a picture say every 180 seconds over a 16 hour period when run back in realtime seems to say so much. Clouds rolling by fast. Tides rising and falling. Flowers blooming. People coming and going. I've loved time-lapse since I first saw it used in some goofy movie I can't even remember the name of. But it showed the classic, 'hands on a clock speeded up' to mark the passing of a longer time.

Great tool in drama is time-lapse. We've other stuff I must get uploaded to the domain. If there's anything in there that you like, other than pieces we're using, you'd be welcome to use them in return for plugging the work we do...

Caught some cracking time-lapse yesterday of all the snow melting on distant roofs. Will try and get that up soon...
Last edited by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh on Sat May 13, 2006 1:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
joanne chapman
activist and campaigner

Post by joanne chapman »

Good evening Lugh, sorry for the delay.

Leander, I agree with you, ‘Foggy Thoughts of you’ is a beautiful piece of work. When I read it for the first time over a month ago I was captivated. It is probably because I like it so much that I want more.

Lugh, you know I’m not that good with words but I will do my best to explain.

On the first of December
a menacing thief of thick,
white fog stole in...
The night before, I'd made Irish Stew.
As it reheated I set up my camera.

This took me into the place where you were, set the tone, almost seeing and feeling the moment.

I watched through aching,
arched sunlight and saw us,
lost to one another.
Vapours slowly,
swirling, around.
Fingers touched
then clutched
then covered both decks
of the Craigavon Bridge.

This is perfection! Beautiful words capturing the timeless moment of Love, lost together as if the world had stopped and they were the only people left. No one and nothing else was needed, they had it all.

Heat gently rose up
filling the room.
Moisture trickled down my
window on the world.
I opened it
and put on a sweater.

I can feel the warmth, damp air and almost taste the stew simmering on the gas.

I was a witness.
I thought of
time-lapse.
Then angles.
Then angels.
Then you...

This is a never-ending end, it leaves us to continue to think, reflect and get lost in our own thoughts.

I have to speak now and relate this to similar feelings of a lost love. When I think of this person its like, I am breathing with only one lung. Every corner I go round I hope to see someone who looks like them. Their clothes have now lost the unique smell. I am angry that they are not here with me, even though I can’t be angry with them. The need to touch them once again is like constantly eating and never feeling full, a constant craving that can not be fed. To feel their breath or hear their voice is now only a longed for dream.

Love is perfect and you have written such beautiful words about this day and your feelings for this person. I would have liked to see another verse before the end, which is my own opinion. You ache for this person.

Jox
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

jo wrote:Good evening Lugh, sorry for the delay.

Leander, I agree with you, ‘Foggy Thoughts of you’ is a beautiful piece of work. When I read it for the first time over a month ago I was captivated. It is probably because I like it so much that I want more.

Lugh, you know I’m not that good with words but I will do my best to explain.

On the first of December
a menacing thief of thick,
white fog stole in...
The night before, I'd made Irish Stew.
As it reheated I set up my camera.

This took me into the place where you were, set the tone, almost seeing and feeling the moment.

I watched through aching,
arched sunlight and saw us,
lost to one another.
Vapours slowly,
swirling, around.
Fingers touched
then clutched
then covered both decks
of the Craigavon Bridge.

This is perfection! Beautiful words capturing the timeless moment of Love, lost together as if the world had stopped and they were the only people left. No one and nothing else was needed, they had it all.

Heat gently rose up
filling the room.
Moisture trickled down my
window on the world.
I opened it
and put on a sweater.

I can feel the warmth, damp air and almost taste the stew simmering on the gas.

I was a witness.
I thought of
time-lapse.
Then angles.
Then angels.
Then you...

This is a never-ending end, it leaves us to continue to think, reflect and get lost in our own thoughts.

I have to speak now and relate this to similar feelings of a lost love. When I think of this person its like, I am breathing with only one lung. Every corner I go round I hope to see someone who looks like them. Their clothes have now lost the unique smell. I am angry that they are not here with me, even though I can’t be angry with them. The need to touch them once again is like constantly eating and never feeling full, a constant craving that can not be fed. To feel their breath or hear their voice is now only a longed for dream.

Love is perfect and you have written such beautiful words about this day and your feelings for this person. I would have liked to see another verse before the end, which is my own opinion. You ache for this person.

Jox
Cheers Jo :D

You've just done your first review on a new media artform. Not a lot of people can say that... Thank you. Knowing that the piece worked to leave a viewer feeling the same way as the character, in this case me and that day, has really made me happy.

Happy may be too cheerful a word though. But, it's that energy thing that happens when we view something creative and get an essence and feeling for where the artist or writer was at when the work was created.

That's the magic.

In all honesty, this piece, although sticking rigidly to its' theme, did go through a few slight changes after getting advice off a highly talented poet called Mike D. It was more about line-spacing than anything else and I am grateful he took time to review it.

Just one wee footnote lol. This isn't actually about the loss of a person strangely enough. Foggy Thoughts Of You came about as a result of the heavy fog that day and my mood about the original Sensitize which had been closed down following complaints from some very greedy and silly people...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

joanne chapman
activist and campaigner

Post by joanne chapman »

Shut up, shut up, shut up!

Don't tell me no more, I prefer to think and make it to be what I want to see it as.

It's me that don't know when to shut up, remember! :wink:

Don't you dare to spoil it for me.

I am now gonna try and forget what you have said, bitch!

I want to ask you a couple of questions, where do I post them?

Jox
[/b]
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

jo wrote:Shut up, shut up, shut up!

Don't tell me no more, I prefer to think and make it to be what I want to see it as.

It's me that don't know when to shut up, remember! :wink:

Don't you dare to spoil it for me.

I am now gonna try and forget what you have said, bitch!

I want to ask you a couple of questions, where do I post them?

Jox
[/b]
Right. I'll shut up lol... :P

Aye. Ask away mate... You might not get any answers until tomorrow because I'm exhausted right now...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

joanne chapman
activist and campaigner

Post by joanne chapman »

jo wrote:How do I post some photographs?

Where should I get the 'quicktime' whatever it is to play your short film?

I am really shit with computers.
Hi Jo :)

Post photographs to Lugh on his google account mate. Please note these are for arts purposes only and your copyright will remain as stated by you always. We may not display all pictures, but will work with what we can, although there is no timeframe on this. If it happens, it happens...

Did you not get a prompt to download the right player? All of our stuff opens on Windows Media Player, Real Player, Winamp and Quicktime. If you're running Quicktime, check for any updates.

Best wishes.
the_leander
visitor

Post by the_leander »

It also runs on VideoLanClient too, which is available for just about every computer operating system written in the last 10 years...

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

There are very few videos out there that this thing can't play, with the exception of the latest WMP formats and Real Video.

Even stupidly obscure codecs are supported (with the exception of the above two).
joanne chapman
activist and campaigner

Post by joanne chapman »

jo wrote:
jo wrote:How do I post some photographs?

Where should I get the 'quicktime' whatever it is to play your short film?

I am really shit with computers.
Hi Jo :)

Post photographs to Lugh on his google account mate. Please note these are for arts purposes only and your copyright will remain as stated by you always. We may not display all pictures, but will work with what we can, although there is no timeframe on this. If it happens, it happens...

Did you not get a prompt to download the right player? All of our stuff opens on Windows Media Player, Real Player, Winamp and Quicktime. If you're running Quicktime, check for any updates.

Best wishes.
Cheers, I will do both later tonight, thanks also leander. I don't like downloading from just any site because of the spam you get sent.

Lugh, whats happening here with this message?

How come some-one can post a message using my log on?

Jox

Everytime I sign in I have to do so twice.
upstate
lugh's sensitize toolkit
Location: A cardigan pocket, amid handkerchiefs and hard boiled, fruit flavoured sweets.

Post by upstate »

Hi Jo,

That was my fault entirely mate. Instead of clicking quote I clicked edit... I'm still getting used to all of this, so please bear with me.

Also, you asked about why you have to sign in twice. That's just a security feature like those messages where we have to copy a bit of text. Apparently, I can reset them, but don't know how to.

Sorry for the confusion and I'll make every attempt not to make a habit of it.
joanne chapman
activist and campaigner

Post by joanne chapman »

No problem, I will let you off. You can post something intellegent for me!

By the way I did not a prompt for any windows or any other player. I will try to work it out later.

Jox
joanne chapman
activist and campaigner

Post by joanne chapman »

Sorry for the missing word in the above post - I did not get a prompt, it was meant to say.
Had a Doctor creap up on me today so I had to get off the computer quick. 8)

Where do I get your google account name from? I have looked at your member list and the email is your web address.

Try and tell me before I'm too pissed to figure it out, I've had a good but hard day and I'm celebrating.

Return to “New Media Poetry on Sensitize ©”