Foggy Thoughts Of You. By Louis P. Burns aka Lugh ©

This link will take you to poetry by featured guests and members of Sensitize ©.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

upstate
lugh's sensitize toolkit
Location: A cardigan pocket, amid handkerchiefs and hard boiled, fruit flavoured sweets.

Foggy Thoughts Of You. By Louis P. Burns aka Lugh ©

Postby upstate » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:54 am

[url=http://www.upstaterenegadeproductions.com/Copy%20of%20foggy%20thoughts2.html]Foggy Thoughts Of You.
By Louis P. Burns aka Lugh ©.
An ode to the original SENSITIZE
    Time-lapse Photography * - Louis P. Burns aka Lugh ©
    Editing & online effects - Diarmuid McGowan aka Diesel Engine
    Written by - Louis P. Burns aka Lugh ©
* Fog On The Craigavon Bridge[/url]

joanne chapman
activist and campaigner

Postby joanne chapman » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:46 pm

Lugh, I love poetry and like this but, it seems to be missing something in the middle or maybe before the end. When reading it I feel a bit short changed if you know what I mean.

You could easily make it perfect!

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Postby Louis P. Burns aka Lugh » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:09 pm

jo wrote:Lugh, I love poetry and like this but, it seems to be missing something in the middle or maybe before the end. When reading it I feel a bit short changed if you know what I mean.

You could easily make it perfect!

Can you elaborate please Jo? What changes would you make mate? If you feel short changed, that's interesting because the piece is about emptiness and loss. I really would like to hear your opinions and suggestions...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.

the_leander
visitor

Postby the_leander » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:03 pm

I'm not much for poetry, its never really been my thing.

However, the timelapse was for me truly beautiful. :D

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Postby Louis P. Burns aka Lugh » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:29 pm

the_leander wrote:I'm not much for poetry, its never really been my thing.

I got into it accidently years, and years, and years ago. Two early heroes of mine were Craig Charles and John Cooper Clarke. Craig Charles did a piece called 'I Doubt It. Don't You' on a live broadcast friday or saturday night show. I was gobsmacked at the immediacy of his words and his address to the world around him. The piece focused on the Toxtheth situation and racism. John Cooper Clarke. Bit of an acquired taste this bloke. Mad as a hatter, but loveable. Used to tour festivals and had a great English (Manchester, I think) accent.

Then of course there was Spike Milligan. This man expanded the whole notion of poetry by writing some of the finest poetic comedy ever. Need I say any more?

the_leander wrote:However, the timelapse was for me truly beautiful. :D

I really like time-lapse footage. It's great how setting a camera to take a picture say every 180 seconds over a 16 hour period when run back in realtime seems to say so much. Clouds rolling by fast. Tides rising and falling. Flowers blooming. People coming and going. I've loved time-lapse since I first saw it used in some goofy movie I can't even remember the name of. But it showed the classic, 'hands on a clock speeded up' to mark the passing of a longer time.

Great tool in drama is time-lapse. We've other stuff I must get uploaded to the domain. If there's anything in there that you like, other than pieces we're using, you'd be welcome to use them in return for plugging the work we do...

Caught some cracking time-lapse yesterday of all the snow melting on distant roofs. Will try and get that up soon...
Last edited by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh on Sat May 13, 2006 1:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.

Return to “New Media Poetry on Sensitize ©”