Send In The Clowns...

This link will take you to poetry by featured guests and members of Sensitize ©.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Catherine Edmunds
artist, poet & writer

Postby Catherine Edmunds » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:49 pm

I'm the same. Clowns are scary and sad at the same time. I'm trying really hard to think up some cheerful, or at least optimistic writing on a circus theme, but am finding it flippin' hard. I only visited a circus once and found it an unsettling (and surprisingly smelly) experience.

I'll keep trying, but this is a tough one.

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Postby Louis P. Burns aka Lugh » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:00 pm

spacecadet wrote:I've been giving this theme a go but I have some bad news. I've always found clowns sinister and I can't shake the image. I don't think anything I could possibly write would be what the organisation needs.

Now I'm a grown up I realise that clowns are not really evil, but I still find something incredibly sad about them.

Have you been reading Stephen King horror novels Dave? Old Pennywise the Clown put the fear of God into me when I read 'It'...

I too had a slight fear of them when I was a child and went to a locally run circus, but in retrospect I think it was because the clown reaked of whiskey.

delph_ambi wrote:I'm the same. Clowns are scary and sad at the same time. I'm trying really hard to think up some cheerful, or at least optimistic writing on a circus theme, but am finding it flippin' hard. I only visited a circus once and found it an unsettling (and surprisingly smelly) experience.

I'll keep trying, but this is a tough one.

This whole idea doesn't have to be specifically about clowns. How about trapeze artists or strongmen, ring-masters, dancing bears etc? As long as the we can put together a collection or 'circus related' pieces of work, we should be able to move forward with this.

I worked for a week as a clown for a charity here in Derry back in 1994. I have to admit, it is a thankless task.

Lol, smelly. Yes, I can fully agree with you there Delph...

Cheers folks...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.

Return to “New Media Poetry on Sensitize ©”