Fib

This link will take you to poetry by featured guests and members of Sensitize ©.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

psikottix
visitor

Re: Campaign! By Louis P. Burns aka Lugh © 2006

Post by psikottix »

Lugh wrote:campaign!
By Louis P. Burns aka Lugh © 2006. All Rights Reserved.
  • child
    sudan
    starvation
    we all turn away
    who wants to accept that today?

men
    iraq
    war machines
    endlessly churning
    out fresh dead. like a spit turning

when
    will we
    awaken?
    when will we see that
    this can be changed? open your eyes

don't
    remain
    blind sided
    stop running away
    campaign! we can stop this today...
Excuse my language all those tha are offended by words....but that is fucking great, mate. I'm really moved by that.

Thank you for sharing!
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Re: Campaign! By Louis P. Burns aka Lugh © 2006

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

psikottix wrote:
Excuse my language all those tha are offended by words....but that is fucking great, mate. I'm really moved by that.

Thank you for sharing!
Cheers Psi :)

If it's suitable for any work you and your campaign colleagues are involved with, you're very welcome to use it...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Catherine Edmunds
artist, poet & writer

Post by Catherine Edmunds »

I'm with Psi. That's exceptional writing, Lugh. Quite apart from anything else, you've now convinced me that this form is worth exploring further if it can produce such moving and forceful words.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

delph_ambi wrote:I'm with Psi. That's exceptional writing, Lugh. Quite apart from anything else, you've now convinced me that this form is worth exploring further if it can produce such moving and forceful words.
Cheers Delph ...

I look forward to reading some by you my friend :D ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Christmas Stuffing. By Louis P. Burns aka Lugh © 2006

christmas stuffing - a food fibonacci
By Louis P. Burns aka Lugh © 2006. All Rights Reserved.
Literary guidance from Catherine Edmunds.

• soon
    i'm
    gonna
    blow up, then -
    pop, fart, fly around
    like a fast, deflating balloon

see
    i've
    eaten
    way too much
    i need plink, plink fizz
    belly aches at the slightest touch

yeah
    i
    really
    should lie down
    get off my feet. sleep
    dream about losing a few pounds

but
    nope
    i won't
    i will make tea
    crunch a few biscuits, nibble cakes
    whinge at repeats on the t.v.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Grumpy Old Man. By Louis P. Burns aka Lugh © 2007.

grumpy old man
By Louis P. Burns aka Lugh © 2007. All rights reserved.

aye

he saw them all for what they were

parasites

mites that burrowed under his skin

they'd win

lose

or draw

he saw

'scrotes'

he would mutter

'fuckin' scrotes

i can't wait to die
'

sweet soft whispers

an old flame floated through his mind

time was gone when he wished for death

on rare days he forgave temporarily

family life

plates clink

smiles crack
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Catherine Edmunds
artist, poet & writer

APOLOGIES!!!!!!! :shock:

I got the form wrong. And now you've just written a brilliant one, but it ain't a 'fib'. It's missing the first line. The sequence SHOULD be:

1, 1, 2, 3, 5, etc.

ie, 1+1=2, so you have to have the two ones at the start...

:oops:

You've still written a bloody good poem, Lugh. And I'm going to have to go back and re-write all of mine. Dammit. Or not. No. Can't be arsed. Sorry.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

delph_ambi wrote:APOLOGIES!!!!!!! :shock:

I got the form wrong. And now you've just written a brilliant one, but it ain't a 'fib'. It's missing the first line. The sequence SHOULD be:

1, 1, 2, 3, 5, etc.

ie, 1+1=2, so you have to have the two ones at the start...

:oops:

You've still written a bloody good poem, Lugh. And I'm going to have to go back and re-write all of mine. Dammit. Or not. No. Can't be arsed. Sorry.
LMAO :P ...

What do we do now?
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

I definitely don't want to change any of the poems I've written in this thread either Delph :D ...

What if we called the thread something else and I edited your initial message to say that the poetry contained here are all variations on the; 'Fibonacci sequence' style? We could call them - wait for it;

Delph Ambient Poetry or The Edmunds' Technique :wink: ...
Last edited by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh on Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

A further point on this. The other day I linked to a magnificent interview with Seamus Heaney by Jenny McCartney in the Telegraph. His closing words to her were;
Seamus Heaney wrote: 'Write whatever you like!'
You can read the full interview by clicking here.

So. Everything is alright Delph. Innit :D ?

No?

Ok then. I've made the appropriate adjustments to them all now Catherine.

Hyperlink is to;Telegraph.co.uk
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jh ... heaney.xml
Last edited by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh on Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Catherine Edmunds
artist, poet & writer

Absolutely :D

I've edited the original post in the thread to add the correct definition, but as I've made it clear that it IS an edit well after the original post, all the poems can stand as they are. 'Truncated fibs'? 'White lies'? Whatever. :lol:
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Sorted but even so, happy days 8) :D ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Return to “New Media Poetry on Sensitize ©”