Communion. By Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

This link will take you to poetry by featured guests and members of Sensitize ©.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Communion. By Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

Hi folks. I'd really like to hear any feedback you may have on this latest piece by Upstate Renegade Productions (Diarmuid and myself).

It's called Communion. The poem is an oldie by me (originally lyrics to a song I wrote with Andy / Famous Blue Raincoat) and the photograph that has been animated was taken back in 2004.

To get to Communion please click here.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Sergi the snail
visitor

Post by Sergi the snail »

I really like this it is Cosmic

I think that this poem is an attempt to name the unnameable a very noble idea but one that unfortunatley will always leave us short as sometimes words will not be enough
the picture of the galxy floating is beautiful I could watch that all day
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Sergi the snail wrote:I really like this it is Cosmic

I think that this poem is an attempt to name the unnameable a very noble idea but one that unfortunatley will always leave us short as sometimes words will not be enough
Interesting Sergi. I hadn't thought of it like that and saw it more as an address to the core of humanity. That place where spirituality is felt physically. That said, your observations are very welcome and have possibly opened me up to writing further on this theme. So, thank you :)
Sergi the snail wrote:the picture of the galxy floating is beautiful I could watch that all day
If you only knew what that was a picture of before editing, you'd be suprised...

Oh alright then. I'll tell ya :P

Fibre-optic, novelty cactus lamp my Mum bought me as a house warming gift when I moved into my apartment. I set the DVD camera up above it and turned off all other lights in the room. The footage was dim but pulsating.

Diarmuid was able to retrieve some of the brighter images and enhance them with Photoshop and various other bits of software. Yesterday he worked with Flash Media (to the best of my knowledge) and created the image currently being displayed.

The title of the original photograph is called; Microscopic Circles in the Fluid of my Sight. One of my favourite songs is Sand and Foam by Donovan. That line is one of the song's and has always conjoured up powerful streams of consciousness for me. A great song both lyrically and musically.

Sergi. If you have any original photographs of your own and poetry that you would like to see alongside them in a similar presentation, private message me with your email details and perhaps we can work at building a few for you. All work must be your own or collaborative work with other community art's activists, and all copyright must be acknowledged and accounted for.

I hope we can work together on a few projects...

Best wishes and thanks again for your feedback on Communion...

hyperlink in this post is to;
http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=dRrjLkVaH ... re=related
Last edited by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh on Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
joanne chapman
activist and campaigner

Post by joanne chapman »

Very good Mr Lugh.

The image however should have a health warning attached. I looked at it this morning and threw up. It didn't go down well after 9 hours of alcohol abuse coupled with very little sleep.

I'm all better now and have seen it in a different light, i'm impressed.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

jo wrote:Very good Mr Lugh.

The image however should have a health warning attached. I looked at it this morning and threw up. It didn't go down well after 9 hours of alcohol abuse coupled with very little sleep.

I'm all better now and have seen it in a different light, i'm impressed.
Lol..! Effective then?

Cheers Jo :)
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Return to “New Media Poetry on Sensitize ©”