In The Hum. By Louis P. Burns aka Lugh © 2008.

This link will take you to poetry by featured guests and members of Sensitize ©.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

In The Hum. By Louis P. Burns aka Lugh © 2008.

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

in the hum by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh © 2008. All rights reserved.
click the poem's title above to play in the hum performed by Louis P. Burns aka
Lugh © 2008. All rights reserved.

• in the hum
    an unending babble
    of drivel spews into my room
    and i sit there, terrified to go out
    gun crime statistics
    aimed at my head go off
    the bang a backdrop
    the very rhythm of my life
    i respond as always
    by eating more junk food
    inching ever closer
    to death by natural causes
    humming a tune from my youth
    in defiance
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Amanda Gillespie
visitor

Re: In The Hum. By Louis P. Burns aka Lugh © 2008.

Post by Amanda Gillespie »

Louis,

This is a very honest piece of writing. I like the fear of the mainstream violence that hides outside and how the internal struggle can be even more damaging. Control, over the humming, acknowledging the struggle and continuing in 'defiance'. I like this piece very much.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Re: In The Hum. By Louis P. Burns aka Lugh © 2008.

Amanda Koser wrote:Louis,

This is a very honest piece of writing. I like the fear of the mainstream violence that hides outside and how the internal struggle can be even more damaging. Control, over the humming, acknowledging the struggle and continuing in 'defiance'. I like this piece very much.
Thanks Amanda :D

I'm not sure whether this is a completed piece or not yet. It works but I feel there is more I want to add to it to tease the malevolent underbelly of the world (the mainstream media) and address its hostility towards all of our calmness. Is it just me or is everyone at breaking point with how we're governed in our livingrooms by hype, panic and spin that forever shifts, leaving us uncertain of everything and wondering what happened to the plans we made 15 minutes ago?

I was discussing this piece with Andy earlier on messenger and we may work collaboratively on it to develop some sort of menacing drum and bass e-poem to video for the domain and website. I would really enjoy that.

Cheers for the feedback my friend. Very much appreciated.

Best wishes...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

In The Hum DnB. By Andy West and Louis P. Burns aka Lugh © 2

in the hum A collaborative project by Andy West and Louis P. Burns aka Lugh / http://www.upstaterenegadeproductions.com/
^ Click title to listen to the Drum 'n' version of; In the Hum.

This piece will feature as part of a broader project initiated by Andy West and entitled; Digital Disturbance Theatre. We ( Sensitize © / http://www.upstaterenegadeproductions.com ) are currently seeking input on this project to make a music video made up from either illustrations or original photography by our members. To read more about this unique offer please click the following link:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=924
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Return to “New Media Poetry on Sensitize ©”