Fluoride and local councils

This link will take you to posts from activists of all sorts and may at times crossover to messages on the community arts activists pages of Sensitize ©.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

zark
activist and campaigner

Post by zark »

upstate; fluoride deception - i will try and find out.

jo; yeah, i need to get more vocal. There is an area board meeting this tuesday evening. I will get myself noticed and the points across.

thanks
the_leander
visitor

Post by the_leander »

I think the biggest problem you'll face is things like the BMA.

Fluoride is a very effective means to combat tooth decay...

I for one don't fancy going back to a world where most people over the age of 20 have wooden teeth...

And quite frankly I'd be more worried about the aluminium they put in water over fluoride in terms of health consiquences...
joanne chapman
activist and campaigner

Post by joanne chapman »

the_leander wrote:I think the biggest problem you'll face is things like the BMA.

I for one don't fancy going back to a world where most people over the age of 20 have wooden teeth...

And quite frankly I'd be more worried about the aluminium they put in water over fluoride in terms of health consiquences...
Alluminium, causing alzheimers, plastics causing fertility problems in men. Antibiotics fed through the food chain, Pesticides on just about everything we eat, illuminous carrots, the list goes on.

Calcium, I believe is the best thing for teeth, how many kids are fed calcium rich foods. The other day I watched a young couple feed their baby a fucking cheeseburger (it was not even old enough to walk).

I have no doubt that the overuse of fluoride can lead to ill health. The problem is lots of kids are fed shit processed foods and eat too many sweets, not that we need more flouride in our water.
the_leander
visitor

Post by the_leander »

I quite agree that cutting down on sugars and sweets are a very high priority, indeed cutting out pre processed food is extremely wise.

Fluoride tends to reduce the amount of bacteria that are eat away at your teeth.

As you say though, calcium is extremely good not only for your teeth but your bones. It is especially important in bone development, since calcium makes up a large percentage of what bone is...

So, drink plenty of milk :D

You can I believe get defluorination tablets, though I'm unsure of their chemical composision, and if the process of removing it with such would be worse then just leaving it in there if you're that worried.

In truth I consider the fact that we've poluted the ground, water and air with any number of toxic substances would account for an increase in cancers, I truly doubt you can pin the blame on any single substance.

And with that, I'm pulling out of this discussion, because its logical conclusion would mean that everyone participating would likely end up starving to death through fear of all the chemical nasties that are in food today....
zark
activist and campaigner

Post by zark »

the_leander wrote:I think the biggest problem you'll face is things like the BMA.

like upstate said, i agree, the lobbyists have a gotten their teeth into the policy and research field. This has been going on for decades.

The ace in the hole is Dr Colquhoun. Ex- president of fluoride society, chief dental officer -- shows that tooth decay was falling decades previous to the introduction of fluoride and made no difference to the rate of fall. [see previous page diagram]

The research shows, and is supported, that fluoride does nothing more than 'delay' tooth decay by 1.2 years. Helpful for statistical improvements but not for childrens teeth.
upstate
lugh's sensitize toolkit
Location: A cardigan pocket, amid handkerchiefs and hard boiled, fruit flavoured sweets.

Post by upstate »

zArk... Where are ya..?

Watch Dr. Strangelove. Funny as feck and floridation gets more than a mention...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Re: Fluoride and local councils

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaqEW_d8 ... cines.html

^ Fuckin' Hell..!

Apologies zArk :oops: ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.

Return to “Activism on Sensitize ©”