The Death Penalty...

This link will take you to ongoing debates and discussions on several topics of interest to members of Sensitize ©. All members of Sensitize © are welcome to start new debates and discussions.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Are you opposed to the Death Penalty?

Yes
86%
No
14%

Total votes: 7

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

Do any of you have any comments to make about the announcement that Saddam Hussein is to become a Christmas tree decoration soon?

I've thought about this a bit today. I am opposed to the death penalty, but what else can fit as punishment for dictators like Hussein? Keeping him locked up gives people loyal to him an excuse to continue their barbarity. Killing him would have made him a martyr. Releasing him would have guaranteed the wholesale murder of people under his power. All in all, it's best to hand him over to his own country and let them deal with him any way they see fit.

It might also set an example to Blair, Bush and all potential dictators that people can rise up and take war criminals down, so they had best be on their guard and do their jobs well...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Catherine Edmunds
artist, poet & writer

Post by Catherine Edmunds »

Killing a killer does not bring back the killed, it only compounds the wrong. No exceptions.

Delph
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

delph_ambi wrote:Killing a killer does not bring back the killed, it only compounds the wrong. No exceptions.

Delph
I agree Delph, but removing him from the world, to a place of incarceration is impossible given that he is viewed by millions of Iraqi people to be the only person able to stop what's going on out there right now. They are continuing their fight with the Western World because of this. In effect, imprisoning him in a jail anywhere else in the world is kidnapping. The only plausible thing to do has been done. He's been handed over to his own country and they have decided his fate by their laws. Laws that he fully approved of when he was in power.

Perhaps another way to look at it is that if he swings from a hangman's rope, many more will not die...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
spacecadet
visitor

Post by spacecadet »

People keep making some sort of comparative evaluation between Bush, Blair and Saddam. Forget that for a moment. He's a ******. They should have rolled grenades down that hole they found him in. Bush and Blair can be gotten rid of by voting them out (apparantly - let's ignore Florida for the moment).

Saddam goes the way that all dictators should go. They choose to make themselves leaders until death. The hangmans noose is Fates way of saying "OK. Until death it is then." Fate's like that. He's a funny guy.
psikottix
visitor

Post by psikottix »

delph_ambi wrote:Killing a killer does not bring back the killed, it only compounds the wrong. No exceptions.
QFT*.

As Ghandi said, "an eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind"

(*=Quoted For Truth)

Return to “Debate & Discussion on Sensitize ©”