The Veil Debate

This link will take you to ongoing debates and discussions on several topics of interest to members of Sensitize ©. All members of Sensitize © are welcome to start new debates and discussions.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Should all religious education be banned in schools?

Yes
44%
No
11%
Yes and my reasons for coming to this conclusion are posted on this thread.
11%
No and my reasons for coming to this conclusion are posted on this thread.
33%

Total votes: 9

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Postby Louis P. Burns aka Lugh » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:44 am

Diesel Engine wrote:You missunderstand me Lugh. Of course I find womens faces beautiful, however, I do NOT find them EROTIC or SHAMEFUl or PRIVATE. They are not something that should be hidden from view from all men, apart from the womens Husband.
To make the face, which communicates more than half of our emotions non verbally, into something that should be hidden demeans us all, and makes true communication and any chance of making a real connection with someone very difficult.

I possibly didn't pick up on your point clearly Diesel mate. I agree with you fully. The face is a point of reference and a major one at that in human communication. It could be argued against and it could even be said that we communicate quite adequately here with words only, but in reality, facial expressions, eye contact, even perspiration all work as language for humanity.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Postby Louis P. Burns aka Lugh » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:45 am

Another point worth exploring is this whole situation where Police in Greater Manchester are being asked to not carry out arrests of known criminals in Muslim communities during Ramadan. This is going to blow up into a major dispute in the UK and there is going to be violence.

It will be interesting to see if the few extremist Muslims (please note - not all Muslims) who wish to have us all grubbing in the mud before their notion of a god will show respect for Christians (not that I care too much about them either) and hold off from fighting during their holy time of Christmas. Something tells me the ignorant fools wont. Will the Police arrest them for culturalist bigotry? Fiver says they don't...
Last edited by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh on Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.

spacecadet
visitor

Postby spacecadet » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:01 pm

?
Last edited by spacecadet on Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Postby Louis P. Burns aka Lugh » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:21 pm

spacecadet wrote:I've just noticed that our work Christmas party is being arranged by the Asian guys in the office. So I reckon I'll be OK.

Dave, can you please edit / remove that last message mate? It's nothing personal and I'm not angry at you, but Asian people or people from Asian backgrounds may take offence at it. There is a massive difference between a few fanatics from one sect of a faith and an entire race of people.

Thanks...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

spacecadet
visitor

Postby spacecadet » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:30 pm

Post removed.

I think you summed up the veil debate quite nicely there.

Return to “Debate & Discussion on Sensitize ©”