Disarming Britain. Review by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh © 2008

This link will take you to ongoing debates and discussions on several topics of interest to members of Sensitize ©. All members of Sensitize © are welcome to start new debates and discussions.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Disarming Britain. Review by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh © 2008

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

Disarming Britain
Review by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh © 2008. All rights reserved.
  • I've been an active participant on a discussion group over on Facebook about the rising level of gun and knife wielding gangs. You can read that thread if you have a Facebook account by going to this link:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1 ... 748&ref=mf

Right now I feel it appropriate to say that the first installment of Disarming Britain and the Dispatches show before it on Channel 4 tonight were stunning insights into the whole rise of gun culture. They explored life within gun and knife wielding gangs and many of the methods being used to police/reduce them. They included former gang members who had been injured or wounded others and a doctor from a busy A&E ward addressing the horror faced by victims in the last throws of life. There are as stated in the blurb for Disarming Britain 'unflinching' Q&A's with armed gangs and most chillingly of all, a young man brandishing a pistol and saying; 'This one's for you Gordon Brown' and 'Fuck the police!' This confirmed a point Bruce, Kimberly and I discussed on the thread up above about there being political motivation behind some gun/knife culture across the UK.

If the rest of Disarming Britain is like this it should win deserved awards.

To read more about tonight's episode entitled KIDS, KNIVES & BROKEN LIVES go to the next link:

http://www.channel4.com/news/microsites ... lives.html

Alternatively, to go to the Disarming Britain homepage click on the link below:

http://www.channel4.com/news/microsites ... index.html

Or post messages of support to the Disarming Britain forum here on Sensitize ©:

viewtopic.php?t=744
Last edited by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh on Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Petition to stop army adverts/commercials...

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

Petition to stop army adverts/commercials with an aim to reducing gun crime
By Louis P. Burns aka Lugh © 2008. All rights reserved.

I would be grateful to my Facebook friends if they signed my petition to have army adverts and commercials made illegal. On the grounds that these commercial portray the use of military force and weapon's usage in a glorifying way that may inspire some young people in society to see guns as something positive or a means of protecting their land / turf...

I'm sure everyone is fully aware that both gun and knife crimes are on the increase within Britain/UK/Europe. Any responsible government seeking to reduce these statistics should address the morality of army adverts, commercials, posters and websites. Due to their potential to endorse the use of armed or military tactics to maintain land / turf / places of criminal revenue from drug and illegal weaponry sales.

Please sign the petition to stop army adverts/commercials with an aim to reducing gun crime. To sign the petition click on the link below:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/End-Army-Adverts/

Thank you.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.

Return to “Debate & Discussion on Sensitize ©”