my poetic tulpa. by louis p. burns aka lugh © 2008.

This link will take you to ongoing debates and discussions on several topics of interest to members of Sensitize ©. All members of Sensitize © are welcome to start new debates and discussions.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

my poetic tulpa. by louis p. burns aka lugh © 2008.

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

my poetic tulpa.
By Louis P. Burns aka Lugh © 2008. All rights reserved.

"your astral body walks and talks
in corridors of wisdom - you are free
understand this knowledge
and the balance that you seek
can really be

dance into the dazzle
rainin from this chandelier
can you see, me?

i'm a million universes
unlocking all i hold
you have the have the key
you hold the key"

When I wrote the above lyrics - Communion (originally a stream-of-consciousness-poem), I was 23 years old, living and working in the Eastend of London and playing rythym guitar for Famous Blue Raincoat, with my bandmate, keyboardist, programmer, singer/songwriter and co-founder; Andy West ...

I was stationed at Stratford British Railways Relayer's Depot but on the Leyton Depot skill's course for first advanced flag's / lookout man and track knowledge) and was obviously cannabis-free while in attendance. Perhaps it was the detoxing or a heightened sense of awareness because I was back in an academic environment (learning is something I've always loved), I was going through some form of cathartic wheel of change which at the time terrified me because I believed I was having a nervous breakdown. With retrospect I now see it as an awakening from and crawling out from under other people's problems. The lives of others that I had been too young to walk away from were now falling away. Individuality beckoned.

I had been an avid reader of science fiction and mysticism and my ladyfriend back then (Sue) would pick me up books at the library whenever she went for herself. In one book, I can't remember which, I discovered the whole topic of the Tulpa. A belief that we can make our thoughts manifest and send them out into the world. In that book's instance the tulpa had gone renegade and become a destructive force living a life of its own (that's just a prompt so that if anyone is reading this and knows what the book was called, they might have the good grace to join Sensitize and tell me) ...

Communion was written on the doorstep of the Leyton Depot skill's course sheds, East London, late Summer 1989, on my lunchbreak in roughly 25 minutes. There was a little bit of editing (verse repetition for rhythm afterwards on the bus home to Upton Park. When I shared it with Andy he initially stated it was 'a bit out there' but when I suggested he use sitar sampling further life was breathed into the piece. The song evolved later, so melody and all music in it is the work of Andy West and Communion has gone on to live a life of its own. By that I mean that many friends have asked me to perform it as a poem and over the years it has developed. At times when I am stressed I recite it to myself like a mantra and can gladly report it gives me great inner peace and eventual clarity...

Further reading on the Tulpa can be found on Wikipedia if you click here.

Off domain hyperlink in this post is to;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulpa
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.

Return to “Debate & Discussion on Sensitize ©”