Vision

This link will take you to general messages or topics of interest to members of Sensitize ©.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

the_leander
visitor

Post by the_leander »

Star Wreck

Curtesy of the creative commons licence.

Enjoy :D
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

Jazuz Alan :D That is one heck of a website mate... The film trailer is exceptional too. Have you read the 'Crew' info? A committed and talented small team of artists, filmakers, writers, all working on a tiny budget to produce this wonderful project...

I can't thank you enough for linking us to it... Nice one man 8)
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

one to watch

Hi all. Some of you might want to watch the bbc 1 show;- The Secret Life of the Manic Depressive presented by Stephen Fry tonight at 9pm.
Yahoo TV wrote:"Stephen Fry explores the world of manic depression, a mental illness which affects up to 4 million people in the UK, including himself. He sets out to uncover more about a misunderstood condition which drives those who have it from extreme highs to crippling lows."
Read more here.

Cheers...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

David Bowie is the Guest Actor on Ricky Gervais' Extras 9pm

David Bowie is the Guest Actor on Ricky Gervais' Extras 9pm tonight on BBC2. Should be an absolute scream. Bowie has such a dryness to him that I feel Gervais is really gonna rip into him.

Can't wait...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

spacecadet
visitor

Post by spacecadet »

I have never really warmed to Extras but I watched tonight and couldn't believe what he did. It was priceless. The man is a God. It was the finest example of the comedy of embarrassment I've witnessed since first seeing Some Mothers Do Have 'em.
Catherine Edmunds
artist, poet & writer

Post by Catherine Edmunds »

Yeah, "comedy of embarrassment". That's it precisely. My hubby curls up on the sofa in a foetal position and can hardly bear to watch because of the cringe factor, while I'm throwing my limbs about and guffawing.

We both love the programme, even though our reactions are a tad different...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

LMFAO...

That sketch with the homeless bloke was priceless - "You 'aven't got change of a twenty mate, a've ya?"

Bowie was hilarious...

P.S. "Your Show's Shit Mate!"
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Falling about laughing right now at tonight's episode of Extras. The funniest so far. Richard Bryers was totally priceless. I spat tea everywhere when he walked off the stage down to where Andy was sitting. More so when he did what he did with the doll...

Sides are splitting here...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

spacecadet
visitor

Post by spacecadet »

It was a good one, once again using the embarrassment factor.

Not quite as good as the Bowie episode - I'm still singing the song to myself from that one.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Martin Scorsese's - The Departed

Martin Scorsese's - The Departed 2006.

I've just got an email from Brian with a link to this new film by Martin Scorsese. The hyperlink above is to the Guardian Unlimited review of it.

One to look out for people :wink: ...

Hyperlink is to the Guardian Unlimited;-
http://film.guardian.co.uk/Film_Page/0,,1885827,00.html
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

spacecadet wrote:It was a good one, once again using the embarrassment factor.

Not quite as good as the Bowie episode - I'm still singing the song to myself from that one.
Good point Dave.

That song should be released as a single. Instant classic 8) ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Don't forget - last episode of Extras tonight on BBC2 at 9pm. Will Andy finally dump his hopeless agent? Should be a total hoot. I can't wait...

If you haven't seen Death of a President yet, it gets a screening on Channel 4 tonight at 10pm. The show is set in 2007 and supposes a world where George W. Bush gets assassinated.

I recommend Death of a President and really can't see what the controversy is about Bush getting nutted. The sooner the better in my opinion...

Interestingly, in the show which was produced before North Korea's announcement that it was going to test a nuclear device, mentions this as a backdrop reality. Syria also gets a mention because one of the suspects is from there.

Don't believe the hype. This one is worth taping folks :wink: ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

This World. A Doctor's Story...

This World. A Doctor's Story...
Review by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh © 2006. All Rights Reserved.
  • I don't know if anyone else on here got a chance to see this show tonight. I just watched it round at a friend's house and if I'm 100% honest, I am shocked by it.

This was without doubt one of the best but most troubling documentaries I have seen in quite a while. Troubling because it is about the lives and work of doctors and paramedics working in the Al Yarmouk Hospital in Baghdad. Over 100 people get killed or maimed in bomb and gun attacks daily in Iraq and Al Yarmouk Hospital deals with many of these casualties.

The film was shot by an Iraqi doctor / documentary maker working in the hospital who cannot be named to protect his identity. There is a real danger he could be killed for getting his footage to the outside world.

This World - A Doctor's Story, is a harrowing account of both his experiences, those of his colleagues and many civilian victims caught up in the violence. I believe this show should be nominated for quite a few awards for its' content, media journalism and quality. A traumatising but outstanding work and essential viewing for anyone with a conscience.

To read more about This World - A Doctor's Story or to watch it on the BBC website; click here...

This World - A Doctor's Story
    Producer: Ben Summers
    Series Producer: Louise Norman
    Editor for This World: Karen O'Connor
Hyperlink in this post is to bbc.co.uk ©;
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/t ... efault.stm
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

COAST

I know I slagged this show off ages ago because it appeared their teams didn't show Derry (my hometown) but they are tonight. BBC2 at 9pm. I know it's short notice but if you want to see where I live take a peek at this show folks...

Derry's a mellow wee place (most of the time)...

That offensive post about Coast has been deleted too. Sorry Beeb :oops: ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Land Of The Blind

Land Of The Blind
  • I've just watched what imho is one of the top ten movies of this year. Land Of The Blind by Robert Edwards starring Donald Sutherland and Ralph Fiennes.

If you're opposed to censorship and dictatorships and want to watch a movie that more or less sums up the world for a lot of people living in or under totalitarian and military law. Then this is indeed one to see and soon. A flawless work with an excellent soundtrack, performances, settings and storyline.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Return to “General Messages on Sensitize ©”