Powerful Writing Psi

This link will take you to general messages or topics of interest to members of Sensitize ©.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Powerful Writing Psi

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

Powerful Writing Psi
  • I could feel the dry, dusty heat of Kisangani. I could smell the jungle and how everything rots that you spoke of and almost hear, despite extreme poverty, the hopeful happiness of the people, against all odds.

Your encounter at the hotel and with the Australian and Kiwi travellers also resonated, saying more than you've written (show, don't tell) and I felt as though I was there, like a witness to it all... I don't want to spoil this for others reading it but have to say that a Rolls Royce in the heart of the DRC (Democratic Republic of Congo) sums up very bad times gone by and mass injustice. Injustice that is still happening and that have never been addressed properly or put right.

The scene where the army and police drag the man out and beat him at the wrestling match is harrowing and when you wrote about the army and police also fighting amongst themselves I got images of power-sharing militia, keeping everyone down by brute force. Life in Africa is indeed cheap.

I'm looking forward to reading more of your travel journals and writing Psi. You have a finely tuned sense of narrative that delivers a bigger portrayal of Africa and your work is quality writing mate.

Thanks for sharing, oh and for the idea to begin the 'Travellers Tales' section here on Sensitize in the first place
To read Kisangani, 1989 by Psikottix © 2006, please click anywhere here.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
psikottix
visitor

Re: Powerful Writing Psi

Post by psikottix »

Lugh wrote:Powerful Writing Psi
  • I could feel the dry, dusty heat of Kisangani.
Bugger! I'll have to fix that bit then! Immensely humid, constantly muddy, steamy, muggy beyond compare.... :lol:
I could smell the jungle and how everything rots that you spoke of and almost hear, despite extreme poverty, the hopeful happiness of the people, against all odds.
They are truly great people, for sure!
Your encounter at the hotel and with the Australian and Kiwi travellers also resonated, saying more than you've written (show, don't tell) and I felt as though I was there, like a witness to it all... I don't want to spoil this for others reading it but have to say that a Rolls Royce in the heart of the DRC (Democratic Republic of Congo) sums up very bad times gone by and mass injustice. Injustice that is still happening and that have never been addressed properly or put right.
Its a vast country, and mostly inaccessable. It is probably even less explored than the Amazon. This doesn't help!
The scene where the army and police drag the man out and beat him at the wrestling match is harrowing and when you wrote about the army and police also fighting amongst themselves I got images of power-sharing militia, keeping everyone down by brute force. Life in Africa is indeed cheap.
Yup.
I'm looking forward to reading more of your travel journals and writing Psi. You have a finely tuned sense of narrative that delivers a bigger portrayal of Africa and your work is quality writing mate.
Thanks. Not completely happy with it yet, so it's a work in progress. There is another chapter in the thread now.
Thanks for sharing, oh and for the idea to begin the 'Travellers Tales' section here on Sensitize in the first place...[/list]To read Kisangani, 1989 by Psikottix © 2006, please click anywhere here.
Thank you for providing me with a forum for stuff that i should have written down years ago!

Psi
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Re: Powerful Writing Psi

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

psikottix wrote: Bugger! I'll have to fix that bit then! Immensely humid, constantly muddy, steamy, muggy beyond compare.... :lol:
Oops :oops:
psikottix wrote:Thanks. Not completely happy with it yet, so it's a work in progress.
I think all dedicated writers can say that about their work and it's a good way to think of material. Seeing it as an ongoing / work-in-progress means we care about it and how the reader views it. Nice one :wink: ...
psikottix wrote:There is another chapter in the thread now.
I read it in the wee small hours this morning after a few drinks with some pals and again just now. Rather than jumping in and commenting, like I did with the first chapter, I'm gonna let this one filter a bit if that's cool with you. I also think you probably need to get it all down / out first and that is more important than any amount of feedback from me or other members on here...
psikottix wrote:Thank you for providing me with a forum for stuff that i should have written down years ago!
You're more than welcome mate. Good to have you here and to read your work :) ...

To read Kisangani, 1989 by Psikottix © 2006, please click anywhere here.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.

Return to “General Messages on Sensitize ©”