Irish Gaelic: Críonnacht (pronounced 'chreenocht') ~ Wisdom

This link will take you to general messages or topics of interest to members of Sensitize ©.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Irish Gaelic: Críonnacht (pronounced 'chreenocht') ~ Wisdom

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

Hyperlink in this post is to Google / Youtube:-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKvhsJJBF-0
Last edited by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh on Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:44 am, edited 6 times in total.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
psikottix
visitor

Post by psikottix »

Brian Haw is a feckin' hero. I am extremely glad he won. I particularly like the expression of anger on Charles Clarke's evil face when Brian won!!! Blair got 8% of the vote...Brian got 54%. Says it all really!!!!

The award was presented to him by Mark Thomas, who wrote an article just for us on my other haunt. The last paragraph creases me up every time!!!
On the way out someone said "Mark , do you know Charles Clarke? Charles -Mark Thomas, Mark -Charles Clarke." Whereupon the erstwhile Home Secretary said to me, " The trouble with you is that I disagree with everything you have ever said." It's the nicest thing a politician has ever said to me.
Ok, so i work for Mark as admin on his website, and am therefore biased, but still!!!! Charles Clarke admitting to supporting the arms trade, killing children, and various other evil little practices? Classic!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
psikottix
visitor

Post by psikottix »

The article is available at www.markthomasinfo.com

Clicking that link may take you away from this site.

Membership is required, but is free. You will not be spammed by us!!!

Language on the site is often coarse. You have been warned!!!

(Thank you, Lugh, for letting me add that link!)

:D
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

psikottix wrote:Brian Haw is a feckin' hero. I am extremely glad he won. I particularly like the expression of anger on Charles Clarke's evil face when Brian won!!! Blair got 8% of the vote...Brian got 54%. Says it all really!!!!
It does indeed Psi mate. It says that 54% of the voting public to this award know that Brian Haw is talking pure sense. The war is unfair and extremely unjust and it does 'have to stop'...
psikottix wrote: The award was presented to him by Mark Thomas, who wrote an article just for us on my other haunt. The last paragraph creases me up every time!!!
On the way out someone said "Mark , do you know Charles Clarke? Charles -Mark Thomas, Mark -Charles Clarke." Whereupon the erstwhile Home Secretary said to me, " The trouble with you is that I disagree with everything you have ever said." It's the nicest thing a politician has ever said to me.
Ok, so i work for Mark as admin on his website, and am therefore biased, but still!!!! Charles Clarke admitting to supporting the arms trade, killing children, and various other evil little practices? Classic!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Charles Clarke? Gobshite looks like he choked on something. (Wishful thinking)..! He also looks like he shit himself when Brian Haw said he had a few things to say lmao :P ...

Nice one Brian Haw and Mark Thomas.

Keep On Keepin' On :D ...
psikottix wrote:The article is available at www.markthomasinfo.com

Clicking that link may take you away from this site.

Membership is required, but is free. You will not be spammed by us!!!

Language on the site is often coarse. You have been warned!!!

(Thank you, Lugh, for letting me add that link!)

:D
You're very welcome Psi. That's what we're here for mate :wink: ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

NO! TO BLAIR, BUSH AND THE WAR IN IRAQ! WE WANT PEACE...

Over 100,000 people marched to Trafalgar Square in London on Saturday the 24th February, 2007 to show their utter contempt for George W. Bush, Tony Blair and the war in Iraq. This will be remembered for many years to come folks. Take the opportunity to sling shame at that little bastard; Tony Blair and his bosses in Washinton. Demand peace by joining in and showing your support for PEACE by getting your mobile phones out. Then:
          • Text the word:
            PEACE
            followed by the figure:
            to the number:
Each text message sent will be counted as a vote to put Edwin Starr's: WAR (Song) to the number one position in the UK pop charts.

With each text message you send, you are saying:-

The first speaker to take to the stage at Trafalgar Square was Member of Parliament; the Right Honourable George Galloway. Mr. Galloway pulled no punches when he spoke to the throngs of marchers and demanded that Tony Blair goes now. By clicking the coloured text below you will be taken to footage of his speech on Google / YouTube.com.

George Galloway - Peace / Troops Out Of Iraq Protest on the 24th Feb, 2007.

Next to address the massive crowd was the brilliant; activist, campaigner, comedian and writer; Mark Thomas. Mark has on many occasions spoken out against the arms industry and had a few choice words to say about it, George W. Bush, Tony Blair and the war in Iraq. By clicking the coloured text below you will be taken to footage of his speech on Google / YouTube.com.

Mark Thomas - Peace / Troops Out Of Iraq Protest on the 24th Feb, 2007.

The final speaker was peace activist and political personality of 2007; Brian Haw who has campaigned outside Westminster since June 2001 for Tony Blair and the government to end this barbaric, brutal, genocidal and pointless war in Iraq. Brian gave a passionate speech to the massive crowd that gathered and really got the message home to people. By clicking the coloured text below you will be taken to footage of his speech on Google / YouTube.com.

Brian Haw - Peace / Troops Out Of Iraq Protest on the 24th Feb, 2007.
          • Text the word:
            PEACE
            followed by the figure:
            to the number:
Each text message sent will be counted as a vote to put Edwin Starr's: WAR (Song) to the number one position in the UK pop charts.

With each text message you send, you are saying:-

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Anti-war anthem heading for the top of the charts...

Anti-war anthem heading for the top of the charts...
Guardian Unlimited wrote: The indefatigable George Galloway does pop up in some unlikely places: Celebrity Big Brother, Saddam's palace, the UK singles chart... yes, you read that correctly.

The Bethnal Green and Bow MP looks set to shoehorn cover band Ugly Rumours into the top 40 this weekend with a cover of Edwin Starr's War, thanks to the efforts made by his Respect party and the Stop The War coalition.
Test the word PEACE followed by the figure 1 to this number:- 78789...

Read more here.

Hyperlink in this post is to:-
http://music.guardian.co.uk/news/story/ ... 80,00.html
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

BBC ban ANTI-WAR song in case a few MP's are offended!!!

BBC BAN BLAIR
  • The BBC have banned the hit single War, which features a Tony Blair lookalike in the accompanying video, over fears that its pro-peace message will offend the government. This is our cue to make it number one and then they will have to play it. Already national news have shown footage of the enormous anti-wart demonstration last Saturday, which they did not show at the time of the event!!

The record, by the band Ugly Rumours (Blair’s college band), is currently Number Six in the UK single chart and is expected to vie with Take That for the top spot this Sunday. The song, and the video, have already featured in a local BBC news programme and the single was the ‘and finally’ spot on last night’s ITV news. It has created enormous interest around the world. And has been played and broadcast on TV stations from Damascus to Mexico City.

The BBC Radio One Newsbeat programme was due to record a package about the single today, but pulled out at the last minute, claiming that the record was ‘not newsworthy’. However, sources at the highest level within the BBC have privately confirmed that a banning order has been instituted.

The record joins others bizarrely banned by the Bush and Blair Corporation, such as Something In The Air Tonight and Walk Like An Egyptian, both censored by the BBC during the first Gulf War. And in the second Gulf War a leaked memo by the corporation’s head of news, Richard Sambrooke, told staff that too many ‘extreme anti-war’ views were being aired.

Tony Blair (the singer) said: ‘I may have taken the country to war on a pack of lies, but when I now try to push the message about world peace I'm gagged. Where is Alastair when I need him?

Respect MP George Galloway, who features on the video along with Tony Blair’s (the exiting Prime Minister) sister-in-law Lauren Booth demanded
    that the record was reinstated on the playlist and that a statement be made by the director-general about why the BBC is censoring one of the country’s most popular songs.

This lickspittle BBC has a deplorable record of toadying to the government. Let’s not forget that only three people have lost their jobs over the war, two of them BBC employees,’ Galloway said, ‘and not one government minister has paid the price for sending us into this illegal and immoral war. I will be raising this in parliament and I am writing to the director-general, if he isn’t too busy visiting the chic restaurants in Manchester, demanding an explanation and the dropping of this banning order.’

Galloway added that he would asking the sacked BBC employee Andrew Gilligan whose reports have been entirely vindicated by history - to take part in Ugly Rumour’s follow-up single and video.

GET TONY INTO THE CHARTS! "WAR (WHAT IS GOOD FOR)"
    BUY IT FROM YOUR MOBILE NOW!

Click;
    http://www.uglyrumours.com/

Text "peace1" to 78789

ALL PROFITS GO TO STOP THE WAR COALITION

(Text Cost £1.50 Plus Normal Operator Charges)

See the video at;
    http://www.uglyrumours.com/

NO TRIDENT

DON`T ATTACK IRAN

We need to spread the message as the mainstream media will not help us. Please forward this email onto everyone you know/put it up onto your web site/tell all your friends and family about it.

Thank you

Peace
N.B. (The text above is a tidied up version of an email I recieved earlier today and is originally from George Galloway MP - Leader of the Respect Party.)
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

psikottix
visitor

Re: BBC ban ANTI-WAR song in case a few MP's are offended!!!

Post by psikottix »

Lugh wrote:BBC BAN BLAIR
  • Already national news have shown footage of the enormous anti-wart demonstration last Saturday, which they did not show at the time of the event!!
Anti WART? Blimey, no wonder they didn't show it at the time!!!

Joking aside, I find the BBC ban on this song appalling. Absolutely appalling. Afraid to upset the government? A pox be upon them!!!! Is this to mean that all satire is to be banned?

Seriously disgruntled by this!!!!

:evil:
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Re: BBC ban ANTI-WAR song in case a few MP's are offended!!!

psikottix wrote:
Lugh wrote:BBC BAN BLAIR
  • Already national news have shown footage of the enormous anti-wart demonstration last Saturday, which they did not show at the time of the event!!
Anti WART? Blimey, no wonder they didn't show it at the time!!!

Joking aside, I find the BBC ban on this song appalling. Absolutely appalling. Afraid to upset the government? A pox be upon them!!!! Is this to mean that all satire is to be banned?

I'm composing a longer response to this right now Psi mate which taps into the entire 'inequality agenda' that really is the voice of American, British and European politics right now. Will post it later tonight / tomorrow.

Like you, I'm really pissed off right now pal.

The BBC better get back in line, or face the wrath of an old, old enemy! Pointless censorship is sickening for the most part, but censoring an artform because it mimics too closely a reality the government don't want to admit to is despicable.

Who do they think they are? We pay them to do a job for us. It's not the other way around! It appears far too frequently that they misrepresent us and attempt to tell us that we are no longer allowed to make our own informed choices and selections or show preferences for a particular artform / expression or to express our solidarity on key issues such as war, the NHS or the Welfare State.

Elitist Bastards & Scum..!
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

psikottix
visitor

Post by psikottix »

Make sure you tell 'em at http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/ too.

Just off for a damn good rant there myself!!!!

psikottix
visitor

Post by psikottix »

My complaint:
The banning of the song "War!", performed by the band Ugly Rumours, is despicable. It contains NO offensive lyrics, and merely highlights the way much of this country feels about the illegal war that our PM has dragged us into. The recent C4 political awards had Brian Haw voted most inspiring political figure for 2006. What does this tell you? Are you going to ban Mock The Week, or HIGNFY next? Pathetic!!!! I shall no longer be paying for my license...it would appear that the government already have you in their pocket. They can pay!!!
I hope they get the point. I made this an OFFICIAL complaint, and have demanded an answer. They are legally obliged to take it seriously. I bet I just get fobbed off!!!!

I had to invent a postcode for them...have one prepared if you are going to complain. I suggest you look up the code for the nearest BBC regional office...

:wink:
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

psikottix wrote:Make sure you tell 'em at http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/ too.

Just off for a damn good rant there myself!!!!

psikottix wrote:My complaint:
The banning of the song "War!", performed by the band Ugly Rumours, is despicable. It contains NO offensive lyrics, and merely highlights the way much of this country feels about the illegal war that our PM has dragged us into. The recent C4 political awards had Brian Haw voted most inspiring political figure for 2006. What does this tell you? Are you going to ban Mock The Week, or HIGNFY next? Pathetic!!!! I shall no longer be paying for my license...it would appear that the government already have you in their pocket. They can pay!!!
I hope they get the point. I made this an OFFICIAL complaint, and have demanded an answer. They are legally obliged to take it seriously. I bet I just get fobbed off!!!!
Was this by email mate? I can't see any recent entries on their boards at the link you've provided http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/ or by searching through them. I'm thinking that, if I responded to you on there, and then maybe a few other friends of ours did the same, we could log it all on here and other forums then wait and see if it gets removed because it too offends. Can you please 'pm' or post me the direct link if your complaint is online Psi? Cheers...
psikottix wrote:I had to invent a postcode for them...have one prepared if you are going to complain. I suggest you look up the code for the nearest BBC regional office...

Noted pal.

Thanks 8) ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

psikottix
visitor

Post by psikottix »

If you follow the e-mail link on that page it will take you through a 5 step process. It's not board entry, it is a direct complaint to BBC management.

Hope that info is of assistance to you!!!

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

psikottix wrote:If you follow the e-mail link on that page it will take you through a 5 step process. It's not board entry, it is a direct complaint to BBC management.

Hope that info is of assistance to you!!!

T'iz :wink: ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

psikottix wrote:I find the BBC ban on this song appalling. Absolutely appalling. Afraid to upset the government? A pox be upon them!!!! Is this to mean that all satire is to be banned?

Rightly so Psi. Rightly feckin' so mate...

AN ACTOR'S VOICE
By Louis P. Burns aka Lugh © 2007. All Rights Reserved.
  • Here in Northern Ireland the Irish political party; Sinn Fein were censored by the BBC and other media sources for a long time back in the 1980's. Actor's voices were dubbed over filmed footage of actual interviews with the party members and subtitles ran underneath. Many times the dubbed voices ran out of time with the filmed footage or subtitles and on several occasions it was said that they were the political voice of the Irish Republican Army (IRA) who were waging war with Britain. True, the voice of Sinn Fein at times ran counter-to the attitudes and opinions of Joe Public in the UK. They represented a culture, heritage and political outlook that didn't include being governed by the British government / UK monarchy / throne. Like myself, they considered / consider themselves to be Irish which doesn't seem so ridiculous given that we lived / live in Ireland. Sinn Fein were silenced because they were opposed to playing the pompous and tediously boring game of appeasement so heartily enjoyed by British politicians. They also would not condemn attacks upon British military installations / targets by the IRA and this was frequently pointed out by the media as evidence that they endorsed terrorism.

Even now, the loud-mouthed bigot and religious zealot; Ian Paisley can't mention Sinn Fein without saying IRA after it. In effect, what he's saying is that anyone who supports Sinn Fein is a 'terrorist'. He's a complete gobshite of an excuse for humanity that man. Even Britain has been buckled in major elections because of his and politicians like David Trimble's stranglehold of assumed supremacy here in Northern Ireland and his refusal to recognise all peoples of Ireland as human beings with civil and human rights recognised in other nations. I find him and his spewed vitriolic ideologies extremely offensive.

Back in the 1980's I was working within community arts activist drama and poetry slam circles (still do) and our pathes were becoming one where equality and justice for all was embraced and encouraged and we were the very people bringing it about. In reality however a large percentage of Irish people who followed the Irish Nationalist / Republican path or who voted Sinn Fein were not being given the same platform even though words like democracy were bandied about as soundbytes and media-political spin. Or people who considered themselves Irish / non-British but who were living in Ireland, or who by default of immediate history, were living through / under the British military occupation and who wouldn't accept this (myself included) within the UK which was enforced brutally by the Crown's Army / Royal Ulster Constabulary (Police).

I didn't fully agree with every policy Sinn Fein made back then but I felt a solidarity with them because within the Arts, all sorts of changes for a supposedly better future for us all were being introduced. These included employment / equality agendas. Indeed, on a good many occasions we were so strictly monitored that facilitators / lecturers would have to remind students that comedy performance / writing about ethnic identity / origin, emotional, physical or psychological disabilities, or anything that included cruelty to animals was not allowed. At the time I thought this was correct and to a certain extent it did set the challenge of performing and writing comedy that required a lot of thought. Interestingly enough; slapstick humour became the norm.

So, there was a situation whereby the BBC were screening shows like The Young Ones which relied heavily on slapstick violence scenes between the Punk character; Vivien played by the lovely Ade Edmondson, Rik played by Rik Mayall and Neil played by Nigel Planer. Other shows, like Foreign Bodies set in Belfast which addressed the ridiculous sectarian divides within Northern Ireland, written by the comedy screenwriter Bernard Farrell (who also taught me for a while at the Foyle Arts Centre) were good measures of what the BBC deemed to be acceptable. But, all the while they were telling a huge percentage of people in Northern Ireland that they had to 'shut-up.' Eventually they were pulled to task about it all and changes for the better came about. Not before they had bastardised an entire community for what basically amounted to being members of a particular ethnic group living within the UK and by default of British military occupation...

It wasn't the first time and won't be the last time that the BBC attempt to goose-step their right-wing indoctrination on the people with censorship. What they fail miserably to see everytime is that they are paid for by the people to provide a service for the people. Why would anyone who identified as non-British pay them for what is / was in reality racist discrimination?

As an actor setting out on my path, I found the whole notion of political censorship nauseating. I may not have agreed with every opinion out there, but I was prepared to hear it and formulate my viewpoints and where applicable, re-shape my thinking. Again, this whole notion of equality and freedom of action / expression / speech / thought was never far from what I became involved with at a community arts level. The task was always to offend the narrow-minded in a bid to shake and wake them up. If what myself and others were saying 'rocked-the-boat' then that was brilliant because it meant we were doing our jobs right.

The sad thing however was that if we ever achieved the status of regularly paid performance artists or writers, we'd more than likely have developed silenced careers within the confines of media service providers like the BBC. We would have become party to their censorship agendas and as responsible as them for the propaganda which now says the war in Iraq is 'ok' and that Tony Blair (the war criminal) has our best interests at heart. That's almost as outrageous as saying Margaret Thatcher was a decent old lady with a genuine love for the people. It just doesn't ring true and I wouldn't have it on my conscience to be perfectly honest.

The arts, media, music and writing have to have a fluidic and free-flowing motion and nature always. Anything else is boring and stagnent repetition. Censorship of any artform because it upsets a government or politician is on a par with the Nazi's burning books and for established media service providers like the BBC to attempt to silence artists is just stupid given that we are their potential sources of revenue further down the line. It's a crime against the entire human race. Do not allow it, ever. Fight back, because if you don't, you too could be labelled a 'terrorist'...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh - 4th March, 2007...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Return to “General Messages on Sensitize ©”