Favourite Quotes.

This link will take you to general messages or topics of interest to members of Sensitize ©.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

upstate
lugh's sensitize toolkit
Location: A cardigan pocket, amid handkerchiefs and hard boiled, fruit flavoured sweets.

Favourite Quotes.

Post by upstate »

Sometimes a quote can trigger off a creative surge in artistic people. Use this thread to post your favourite quotes and hopefully inspire other members to be artistic...

I will get the ball rolling with a quote that has over maybe a 19 year period inspired me to take part in many community art's initiatives. It's by Pastor Niemöller:-

"In Germany the Nazis first came for the Homosexuals, and I did not speak up because I was not a Homosexual. Then they came for the Communists, and I was not a Communist so I did not speak up. Then they came for the Catholics, and I was a Protestant so I did not speak up. Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one to speak up for anyone."

October 1945...
joanne chapman
activist and campaigner

Post by joanne chapman »

It doesn't matter what he does, he will never amount to anything.

Albert Einstein's teacher to his father, 1895

This quote proves that the best of the best can always be wrong. I listen, then trust my own judgement.
Last edited by joanne chapman on Mon May 01, 2006 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
the_leander
visitor

Post by the_leander »

...here is a law which is above the king and which even he must not break. This reaffirmation of a supreme law and its expression in a general charter is the great work of Magna Carta; and this alone justifies the respect in which men have held it.
Winston Churchill about the Magna Carta.

I watched a film about how various British texts and books have changed the world. One such work was the Magna Carta.

It is especially important to me as I see civil liberties being destroyed in the name of "security".

That whirring sound we've been hearing of late? Thats Churchill and Orwell spinning in their graves over what this labour party have done. Right now they're spinning so fast and hard that you could run the national grid off of those two alone.

I'm thinking about doing an opinion editorial on this on Newsvine.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

the_leander wrote:
...here is a law which is above the king and which even he must not break. This reaffirmation of a supreme law and its expression in a general charter is the great work of Magna Carta; and this alone justifies the respect in which men have held it.

I watched a film about how various British texts and books have changed the world. One such work was the Magna Carta.

It is especially important to me as I see civil liberties being destroyed in the name of "security".

That whirring sound we've been hearing of late? Thats Churchill and Orwell spinning in their graves over what this labour party have done. Right now they're spinning so fast and hard that you could run the national grid off of those two alone.

I'd appreciate if you link us to it Alan, and I would be very happy to help out if you needed any assistance via SENSITIZE ©.

Best wishes with it all mate...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Sergi the snail
visitor

quotes

Post by Sergi the snail »

"Revolution is not a dinner party, not an essay, nor a painting, nor a piece of embroidery; it cannot be advanced softly, gradually, carefully, considerately, respectfully, politely, plainly, and modestly."
- Mao Zedong (Mao Tse-tung)

I think in many respects this man was a monster but he did have a great political mind
joanne chapman
activist and campaigner

Post by joanne chapman »

the_leander wrote:

I don't know if any of you remember this. Several years ago the Churchill family sold (for a very large sum) records made by Churchill about the second world war. These records were made with public money about public work he had done and written while he was in office.
I could never understand why these records were not in public archives and why his family were allowed to sell them for personal gain.

I have attached a link to 'all great quotes' some by David Brent are classic. This site also contains quotes from famous writers and poets, well worth a look.

http://www.allgreatquotes.com/david_brent_quotes.shtml
the_leander
visitor

Post by the_leander »

His books are now on Project Gutenberg, pretty much in their entirity, and free to download.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Eeeek..! Alan and Jo, are you two fans of Churchill? It's not a problem, honestly. I'm just more intrigued by this thought than alarmed. I always saw him as a war tyrant, but that's probably an Irish thing in me... Is he recognised as being cool elsewhere?
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
joanne chapman
activist and campaigner

Post by joanne chapman »

Lugh wrote:Eeeek..! Alan and Jo, are you two fans of Churchill? It's not a problem, honestly. I'm just more intrigued by this thought than alarmed. I always saw him as a war tyrant, but that's probably an Irish thing in me... Is he recognised as being cool elsewhere?
Have you lost your mind Mr Lugh. Right it's Sunday afternoon, get some fresh air and pull yourself together man and read my post agian.

No Lugh I don't like Churchill. I hate our government past and present.

They ponce off us taxpayers and give themselves large pay rises to fund their miserable little lives. We pay for them to go off shagging sad little slappers who are prepared to sleep with discusting small-dicked men just to make a few bob.

In return they create or involve us in wars to get themselves into history books and make more money from book sales, books that they are too lasy to write themselves. They get our people killed and place orders to kill people who mostly live in poverty. Scumbags the lot of em, they are all the same once they get a bit of power.

Right just stepping off my soapbox and getting a glass of red wine.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Oh. I see :oops: ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

the_leander
visitor

Post by the_leander »

Churchill was what the British needed during WW2, in all honesty, I don't think this country would have had the will to have gone on to smash the Nazi regime. Outside of that however, he was a danger to everyone, it was on his order that the Kurds were first gassed.

He was a soldier, pure and simple, give him a war and he comes into his own, give him peace and he hasn't a clue what to do with himself.

I admire the way he galvanised the British during the war, I detest the way he treated the world both before and after the war.

Return to “General Messages on Sensitize ©”