Misty morning

Photography by members of Sensitize ©.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

The WOW-factor for this shot is off-the-scale Delph :D ...

If I was putting together a collection of my lyrics and verses, I would beg you to have this picture used on the front cover of the publication. I feel the depth within the light a shade levels at work here. So much said. Upon first seeing this shot I recalled a superb movie, a favourite of mine; Ivansxtc starring Danny Huston. It is a re-telling of an old story by Leo Tolstoy; The Death of Ivan Ilyich. This in no way implies that your picture addresses the same theme, but the intensity of your picture is on an equal par to the film for me...

Beautiful work Delph. One of the best photographs by you that I have ever had the privilege to view :) ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Catherine Edmunds
artist, poet & writer

Post by Catherine Edmunds »

Thanks Lugh. I must admit, when I loaded this onto the computer, I thought, bloody hell! Did I really take that? :oops:

Very, very lucky shot, to be frank. It was straight into the sun, which you're not supposed to do with a digital camera as you can burn out the equipment, but I hoped I'd be alright because of the diffusion of the mist. I just put the camera on automatic, and let it deal with the conditions. There's no post-editing at all. This is how it came out.

It's taken at the same time and on the same day and from the same location as the island in the mist, but facing in a different direction. I'm astonished at how different the two photos are, bearing that in mind.

The atmosphere is darker, certainly. More 'me' probably. If it's reminded you of Tolstoy, then that sounds about right, given my Eastern European ancestry :D

Return to “Photography on Sensitize ©”