Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Catherine Edmunds
artist, poet & writer

rainbow

Post by Catherine Edmunds »

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

I just copied the link Delph and pasted it into my search engine (is that what it's called?). The picture displayed perfectly there. Stunning shot mate. You must be rightly proud of it :)
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Catherine Edmunds
artist, poet & writer

You see it as a link? Odd. I see the picture. Oh well :) Anyway, glad you liked the pic. Took it ages ago in the Lake District. Then just tweaked it slightly with a very basic photo editing program.
Catherine Edmunds
artist, poet & writer

Just asked my son, and he said I can see the image directly because my pc has cached it (whatever that means). So there you go. Live and learn.
joanne chapman
activist and campaigner

Post by joanne chapman »

I can't see the photo, what do I need to do Mr Lugh.

Delph, I love photos, I'm gonna sulk if you take a better photo than me.

Lugh, stop smoking with your mates and learn to upload pictures.

Jox
the_leander
visitor

Post by the_leander »

Cache is something your browser does, basically it means that it'll hold a copy of a website you've visited and all images etc.

Its so that when you next visit that website, it'll load that bit quicker, rather then having to reload everything from the server.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Hi Delph :)... I'm able to click an edit button should I ever need to remove a post or add material at a member's request. This facility also lets me see the links to pages. I have pasted the link below for Jo to go view it on your site mate.

This is the link to Delph's picture Jo;-

http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs9/i/2006/06 ... h_ambi.jpg

I still have loads to work out with these phpBB's, so please bear with me. From what I know for now, it's a Javascript issue and requires an update to my pc, probably yours as well Jo...

Great picture Delph :)
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Jazuz lol. Now when I click the link it says 'forbidden' and there's an image of a rabbit. Says I need permission...

Ah well. I'm sure we'll work it out in time...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Catherine Edmunds
artist, poet & writer

Lugh, if I click on the link you just posted, I get the rainbow picture coming up in a new window, so it's working here... but again, I don't know if that's because it's cached on my pc or what.
joanne chapman
activist and campaigner

Post by joanne chapman »

Lugh wrote:Jazuz lol. Now when I click the link it says 'forbidden' and there's an image of a rabbit. Says I need permission...

Ah well. I'm sure we'll work it out in time...
Nah, i'm getting forbidden as well, don't look like a rabbit to me. :wink:
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

delph_ambi wrote:Lugh, if I click on the link you just posted, I get the rainbow picture coming up in a new window, so it's working here... but again, I don't know if that's because it's cached on my pc or what.
Probably Delph mate. Like I say, giz a few days and I'll get it sorted...

Cheers :)
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

the_leander
visitor

Post by the_leander »

Rather then have a direct link to the image, what about going one stage back and having a link to the page that you get when you select "view larger image" from within the deviant art site?

Yes, it means you won't see it directly, but it will only be one click away...
joanne chapman
activist and campaigner

Post by joanne chapman »

Wey heh. I have set up a web page from your site delph_ambi. It only consists of a front page at the moment.

http://www.freewebs.com/tian-elven/ I'm all excited, I will put some more pictures on when I work it all out.

Jox - technofool
Catherine Edmunds
artist, poet & writer

Leander, I'm going to give Lugh a bit of time to see if he can work out how we can post pictures directly here so that everyone can see them, and if it proves impossible, I'll probably simply give a link to my DA page so that people can browse through the whole lot of 'em.

Jo, yep, three cheers for freewebs! Genuinely free, and not at all difficult to use, even for total ignoramuses like myself.

If anyone would like to pop along, sign my guestbook, and look at some photos I took round where I live, please feel free. Cheers. http://www.freewebs.com/catherineedmunds/
Catherine Edmunds
artist, poet & writer

Return to “Photography on Sensitize ©”