One For The Road To Peace In Ireland* By Louis P. Burns ©

This link will take you to travellers tales by members of Sensitize ©. It's a place for members to write about journeys they have been on, countries they have lived and worked in or charity missions they were a part of.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

One For The Road To Peace In Ireland* By Louis P. Burns ©

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

one for the road to peace in ireland *
By Louis P. Burns aka Lugh © 2004/2007. All Rights Reserved.
  • on
    silent
    nights i have
    seen eternal
    threads glistening like
    icicles. icy shapes
    on window ledges.
    burns the surface.
    then all the
    edges.
    gone.

icy

night
    vision
    amazes me
    and i can see
    how beautiful it
    all can be. all can be
    one again yes one
    a gain. i'm sure
    you've caught it
    in your
    sight.

see...
* Formally: one for hope...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

Well, that was a long journey with a lot of unnecessary pain on all sides, but now thankfully the roads of hate are closing and things are looking good...

It has been a strange day here in Ireland. Beautiful springtime sunshine over all the fields and houses. Folk going about their normal routine. Like everyone else I tried shutting out my doubts and silently hoped for the best because so many times our longing for peace and a bright future has been marred by pointless acts of violence and pathetic vendetta. The fear and gloom kicked in on days like that before. I guess that's something we've all felt many, many times. All it ever did was grind us down and engrain tired old dogmatic thinking.

Who knows where it will all go from here? One thing is for certain though. The vast majority of people just want to live in harmony with their neighbours and that looks like coming a lot closer because of today...

I know I have slagged off all the politicians engaged in Northern Ireland's demographic map but I genuinely wish them all the very best for the future. They now have the opportunity to lead by mature and peaceful example :) ...

Hyperlink in this post is to:-
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/p ... 572754.ece
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.

Return to “Travellers Tales on Sensitize ©”