Poem

Eamonn McGinty is a Derry based photographer, poet and writer of short stories. He's also a very good friend of Lugh's. You can interact with Eamonn and learn more about his work for the Sensitize online arts e-magazine here. This forum is moderated by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh for Eamonn McGinty.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Eamonn McGinty
guest photographer & writer

Poem

Post by Eamonn McGinty »

Boom Hall

It is the winter

Of an empty voice.

The broken bell

A hanging tongue

From dry stone wall,

The doorway mouth

A silent witness

Of all the years,

It was a place

Of breath, and

In its window

A black crow sings

The song of ageless

Death, far out along

These darkening banks.

Alone and still

The old house rests;

Two hundred winters

By a riverside.

Eamonn McGinty
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Re: Poem

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

Eamonn McGinty wrote:Boom Hall

It is the winter

Of an empty voice.

The broken bell

A hanging tongue

From dry stone wall,

The doorway mouth

A silent witness

Of all the years,

It was a place

Of breath, and

In its window

A black crow sings

The song of ageless

Death, far out along

These darkening banks.

Alone and still

The old house rests;

Two hundred winters

By a riverside.

Eamonn McGinty
That really is a wee gem of a poem Eamonn. It conjours up all those days, around this time of the year, when summer has slept through autumn and wakened in winter to the chills beginning to rise.

Boom Hall, what an enchanted place. I hope they never knock it down. In fact, I think we should all begin a campaign to have it listed, protected and refurbished. It would make a prime location for many local film companies seeking 19th Century settings, and create several much needed job opportunities for trades people and trainees...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.

Return to “Eamonn McGinty on Sensitize ©”