Defining Censorship...

You must be a registered member to interact with these forums. All work is the intellectual copyright © property of the specified Activists, Artists, Bands, E-Poets, Film Crews, Journalists, Musicians, Photographers, Producers and Writers. All rights reserved and respected. Our Guest DJ's may be sharing mixes of other musicians. For this reason we request they place their mixes on MySpace, Soundcloud, YouTube and other free servers. If their mixes originally come from music they have composed, they are very welcome to store it all on our servers and we will build them a player page in our ongoing Sensitize © Arts E-Magazine.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Taking Liberties. By Louis P. Burns aka Lugh © 2008.

Postby Louis P. Burns aka Lugh » Mon May 19, 2008 6:31 pm

Taking Liberties
By Louis P. Burns aka Lugh © 2008. All rights reserved.

In post number 3 of this thread I wrote:

Lugh wrote:* I spoke out against these barbaric savages beating children and whoever that person is doing the voiceover and compared their hatred to the hatred they enforced on many people living in Northern Ireland during the Troubles. Please note, you may have to open a YouTube account and verify you are over 18 years old.

I'm now concerned that under sweeping changes in British/UK law rushed through today, that I may be guilty of the crime of discrimination towards British service personnel. Am I? If I addressed or argued with some bloke dressed in his military fatigues about the savage attack mentioned above. Could I be arrested?

Michael Evans, Defence Editor - Times Online wrote:legislation is also to be introduced to make it a criminal offence to discriminate against military personnel in Service dress or combat fatigues.

Source = http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/u ... 962535.ece

Please don't dismiss this out-of-hand. I'm serious. Are the British/UK government, the House of Lords and the Ministry of Defence (MoD) suggesting that if someone finds or picks fault in the armed services they could now either be fined or given a custodial prison sentence?

Isn't that a severe form of censorship and breach of people's freedom of speech. Isn't it also in violation of their liberty under Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights?

The British/UK government, the Law Lords and the MoD are TAKING LIBERTIES..!
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Taking Liberties...

Postby Louis P. Burns aka Lugh » Mon May 26, 2008 5:54 pm

Taking Liberties

^ Click title to watch Taking Liberties or click the next link:

http://video.google.co.uk/videosearch?q ... tesearch=#
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Re: A very last resource

Postby Louis P. Burns aka Lugh » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:34 pm

Salvador Oria wrote:We're used to watch the performance of these 'tactics' in Argentina, and it is perhaps the deep knowledge we've learnt about our rulers' foul play that 'my humble opinion' should I've rather given its true name, i.e. Dreadful Experience Of A Common Citizen.

Cheers :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRzeCaJTWp4

any comments Salvador?

:wink:
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Salvador Oria
poet & writer

Re: Defining Censorship...

Postby Salvador Oria » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:23 pm

An insane, assasin, ex-police officer on one hand and a stupid clown on the other. He died as he deserved to die. No one, except his wife and children, will shed a tear for him.

The TV channel that put his suicide live on the air was sanctioned for doing so during a 'children protection' time of the day (07:00 to 22:00).

I don't think this could be regarded as undue censorship. The channel could have released the news - commenting it 'in off' - without showing the actual shocking images.
"...my dreams were all my own; i accounted for them to nobody; they
were my refuge when annoyed - my dearest pleasure when free."
mary shelley in her author's introduction to "frankestein", 1831.

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Re: Defining Censorship...

Postby Louis P. Burns aka Lugh » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:02 pm

Salvador Oria wrote:An insane, assasin, ex-police officer on one hand and a stupid clown on the other. He died as he deserved to die. No one, except his wife and children, will shed a tear for him.

The TV channel that put his suicide live on the air was sanctioned for doing so during a 'children protection' time of the day (07:00 to 22:00).

I don't think this could be regarded as undue censorship. The channel could have released the news - commenting it 'in off' - without showing the actual shocking images.

I agree but, couldn't it be contested that all the victims still alive had a right to witness the only justice this parasite would ever truly face? Just my thoughts for what they're worth.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Return to “Welcome to Sensitize ©”