the violin teacher's complaint

This link will take you to poetry by featured guests and members of Sensitize ©.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Catherine Edmunds
artist, poet & writer

Post by Catherine Edmunds »

(this poem makes me wince, as I had to teach the pupil in question this afternoon, and it was as if she'd used the poem as a script and was following it in every detail... however, Lugh's asked me to post it, so here it is :evil: I don't think she's a member here. Anyway, she'd better not be, or I'm in trouble... )

knock on the door properly
don't do that rat tat tat
(gap)
rat tat tat
it annoys me
so don't do it

when I open the door
don't retreat half way across the road
unless you really want to be run over

come inside and go through to the music room
don't wait to be asked
not after two years' lessons

I've stopped saying, in you go,
so now your mother prods you in the small of the back
prod prod prod
tells you to get a move on

I wondered at first
why you brought mum
after all
you must be, what, fifty? fifty-five?

stop sliding your fingers about on the string
you sound like a tape with too much wow and flutter
put your finger down
leave it
doesn't matter if it's wrong
fix it next time round
but if you keep sliding it
even when the note's right
it'll always be wrong

you're due in half an hour's time
but you'll be early
by at least ten minutes
probably knock on the door when I'm in the loo
rat tat tat
(gap)
rat tat tat

and I'll charge downstairs
pulling my jeans up as I go
trip, fall, break my neck
then nobody'll let you in

that'll teach you
the_leander
visitor

Post by the_leander »

okay.... <desperately starts searching for the tranq gun>

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

delph_ambi wrote:(this poem makes me wince, as I had to teach the pupil in question this afternoon, and it was as if she'd used the poem as a script and was following it in every detail... however, Lugh's asked me to post it, so here it is :evil: I don't think she's a member here. Anyway, she'd better not be, or I'm in trouble... )
If there's any trouble and she upsets our Moderator, then she'll be bunged on French Horn lessons on her own :P

I think this is an exceptional work and like I said to Delph in an email the other day: It has loads of comedy, drama, suspense and best of all - the use of words to conjour sound which is frequently very effective in poetry. I'm sure Delph knows the proper terminology for this...

Highly effective piece Delph and I still maintain if it were funded, it could be adapted to screen very easily mate 8)
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Catherine Edmunds
artist, poet & writer

Post by Catherine Edmunds »

Thanks guys. :)
Lugh, I can think of nothing more nightmarish than a video presentation of this poem. Please don't do it. Please. :shock:

I've written a few more about other pupils... might have to dig them out. Not at the moment though. The next horror is due in five minutes. She's immensely fat. About my age. Wears tops that expose her midriff. Can't play the violin to save her life. Intends to keep having lessons until she can play Vivaldi's Four Seasons...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

LOL - She sounds like a female version of me Delph :P (the belly anyway)...

No worries on video projects. That was just a suggestion and I hope a compliment to you as the writer because it flows so freely and conveys so much, just like in film mate :)

G'luck with the lesson. It sounds like a mild form of hell lol...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.

Return to “New Media Poetry on Sensitize ©”