Guardian poetry workshop.

This link will take you to poetry by featured guests and members of Sensitize ©.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Catherine Edmunds
artist, poet & writer

Guardian poetry workshop.

Post by Catherine Edmunds »

"Every month, our poetry workshop is hosted by a different poet who sets an exercise, chooses the most interesting responses and offers an appraisal of them. That's the hard part taken care of - all you need to do is start writing ... "

Find the workshop here .
the_leander
visitor

Post by the_leander »

Sounds really good!

Not my bag, but yeah, really good, thanks for pointing to this!
Catherine Edmunds
artist, poet & writer

Post by Catherine Edmunds »

I had a go at the August one. Had to write a Sestina; an impossible form dating from the twelth century. Completely mad, but great fun.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

Definite food for thought with this Delph. I have read through the requirements to write a proper sestina and it is indeed complicated. Should be fun learning though.

Cheers :D
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
spacecadet
visitor

Post by spacecadet »

I feel a sestina coming on about my new found favourite subject - Michael Gill's accidental involvement in Slightly's Quantum Interweb.
spacecadet
visitor

Post by spacecadet »

Egads!

Those things are bloody hard to write, particularly if you want to tell some type of story.

OK, so I've written an episode of The Fecker in the form of a Sestina thingumy. It's not very good but I was just having a laugh. I must admit that the whole experience has given me a headache.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

spacecadet wrote:Egads!

Those things are bloody hard to write, particularly if you want to tell some type of story.

OK, so I've written an episode of The Fecker in the form of a Sestina thingumy. It's not very good but I was just having a laugh. I must admit that the whole experience has given me a headache.
Christ Dave. No wonder you have a headache. Sestinas do indeed look like complicated poetry forms. I wouldn't have the guts to attempt one. Fair play to you for doing so. I've just read it and there is really good material there to work with on The Crafty Fecker.

I will however be 100% honest with you. My energy levels are way down at the moment and I don't feel particularly comedic. So, whilst you have written all of this fine material, adapting it to script and devising scenes is a bit difficult for me. I hope you understand mate. The Crafty Fecker will get revamped soon though, rest assured.

For now I need get my inspiration back and that really only comes about by working on other stuff... The whole battle with the domes has knocked the wind right outta my sails Dave. Everytime I sit to compose scenes for The Crafty Fecker I remember just how badly I was messed around by the pricks running Dome 2. Sorry :oops: ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
spacecadet
visitor

Post by spacecadet »

Lugh, let it go dude. They say that revenge is a dish best served cold but "they" are wrong.

Revenge is something that's best done on the spur of the moment under the influence of that first flush of psychotic anger. If you let it go cold and think about it then the moments past and you're just letting sh*t distract you from the important things in life, like football, beer and naked women's breasts.

I've always found that revenge is best left to basic animal instincts rather than intellect.

So my advice? If you asked Aunti Sensi she'd tell you something like "go watch a match, drink lots and then find some girl who'll show you her t*ts."

Vindaloo and a smokable fat one are optional extras.

Return to “New Media Poetry on Sensitize ©”