I Radiohead. By Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

This link will take you to poetry by featured guests and members of Sensitize ©.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

I Radiohead. By Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

i radiohead
By Louis P. Burns aka Lugh / ®BOLD©. © 2005/2006. All Rights Reserved.
  • I come
    well equipped
    taught by
    the lip service
    of all who stood before.

all
    who
    stood
    before.

won't bow.
    won't stoop or
    be caught
    in a sick loop
    that calls me to come down.

calls
    me
    to
    come down.

I and I
    radiohead.
    instinctive.
    gut-led.
    I dance on.

gut-led
    I
    dance.
    on...
For Thom Yorke & Radiohead.

Hyperlinks in this post are to;
wikpedia.org
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thom_Yorke
radiohead.com
http://www.radiohead.com/
Last edited by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh on Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Message for Alan Fisher aka the_leander...

Hi Alan.

The above poem is one I wrote shortly before all the crap kicked off with MSN The Pleasure Dome;a home for writers and their sister site Dome 2. I was eventually booted from both these communities for having the cheek to stand up for myself and address fundalmental flaws and criminal activities in certain people managing them.

As part of my dismissal I was asked by one of their managers / assistant managers if I would like my work still displayed on the MSN Dome site. I told her (Shona McKensie) that I did not want that to happen. So, I was led to assume my work had been deleted and I was ejected by both communities and actually electronically barred by MSN from the MSN The Pleasure Dome;a home for writers.

Can you imagine my extreme anger and hurt that some person on MSN The Pleasure Dome;a home for writers has decided to repost my I Radiohead poem, without my legal consent. You can see it by clickinghere. This person however is Argie who I was led to believe had assistant manager status on MSN The Pleasure Dome;a home for writers but who has recently told me he was demoted to regular member status because he too addressed some of the same issues I raised.

As Copyright Consultant for us on Upstate Renegade Productions I would be grateful if you told me what my legal rights are here and whether MSN are accountable for this or the ability of certain people to breach the copyright legalities put in place to protect artists and writers. This is yet another example of just how badly MSN The Pleasure Dome;a home for writers and their sister site Dome 2 have treated me.

I Radiohead is part of a larger work by me, still in development. I consider this an absolute violation of my artistic/creative, civil and human rights. Add to this that it has the potential to ruin further work by me and I think you might well see just how annoying this is.

I would appreciate any and all help you offer me here. Thanks mate.
Last edited by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh on Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Catherine Edmunds
artist, poet & writer

Post by Catherine Edmunds »

A clarification to the above post:

My understanding is that Argie didn't re-post the poem, as it hadn't been removed in the first place. This is the crux of the matter. Lugh was told that his work would be removed, but it wasn't. By replying and therefore bumping up the message, Argie was drawing attention to its non-removal, not re-posting it.

That's probably what you meant, Lugh, but the way you worded it wasn't clear.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

delph_ambi wrote:A clarification to the above post:

My understanding is that Argie didn't re-post the poem, as it hadn't been removed in the first place. This is the crux of the matter. Lugh was told that his work would be removed, but it wasn't. By replying and therefore bumping up the message, Argie was drawing attention to its non-removal, not re-posting it.

That's probably what you meant, Lugh, but the way you worded it wasn't clear.
Apologies Delph and Argie. I will make the appropriate changes now. Thank you for pointing this out Delph.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Catherine Edmunds
artist, poet & writer

Post by Catherine Edmunds »

Thanks for the prompt response, Lugh. Appreciated.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Message for Alan Fisher aka the_leander (Amended).

Hi Alan.

The above poem; I Radiohead is one I wrote shortly before all the crap kicked off with MSN The Pleasure Dome;a home for writers and their sister site Dome 2. I was eventually booted from both these communities for having the cheek to stand up for myself and address fundalmental flaws and criminal activities in certain people managing them.

As part of my dismissal I was asked by one of their managers / assistant managers if I would like my work still displayed on the MSN Dome site. I told her (Shona McKensie) that I did not want that to happen. So, I was led to assume my work had been deleted and I was ejected by both communities and actually electronically barred by MSN from the MSN The Pleasure Dome;a home for writers.

Can you imagine my extreme anger and hurt that some person on MSN The Pleasure Dome;a home for writers has decided to hold on to my I Radiohead poem, without my legal consent? You can see it by clickinghere. Argie who I was led to believe had assistant manager status on MSN The Pleasure Dome;a home for writers but who has recently told me he was demoted to regular member status because he too addressed some of the same issues I raised. By bumping this post up Argie has revealed the illegalities of certain management / assistant management of MSN The Pleasure Dome;a home for writers. I am very grateful to him for bringing this to my attention.

As Copyright Consultant for us on Upstate Renegade Productions I would be grateful if you told me/us what my/our legal rights are here and whether MSN are accountable for this or the ability of certain people to breach the copyright legalities put in place to protect artists and writers. This is yet another example of just how badly MSN The Pleasure Dome;a home for writers and their sister site Dome 2 have treated me.

I Radiohead is part of a larger work by me, still in development. I consider this an absolute violation of my artistic / creative, civil and human rights. Add to this that it has the potential to ruin further work by me and I think you may well see just how annoying and detrimental to my career this is.

I would appreciate any and all help you offer me here. Thanks mate.
Last edited by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh on Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

delph_ambi wrote:Thanks for the prompt response, Lugh. Appreciated.
You're welcome Delph :) ...

Do you know if there is anyone active on MSN The Pleasure Dome;a home for writers who can link to this sequence of posts here on Sensitize?

I believe if active members of MSN The Pleasure Dome;a home for writers could see just how nasty the management there are, they might take a stand. If not in defence of me, then on their own behalf.

Please understand. You are under no obligation to do this Delph. I will respect your decision to remain detached if that is your wish.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

the_leander
visitor

Post by the_leander »

If you were asked if you wanted your work removed, and you said yes, then they have a legal requirement to comply with that request. You are the copyright holder and unless you have signed a contract (shrinkwrap licences don't count) expressly giving up those rights, the above still stands.

If they are displaying this or any other work by you without your permission, I suggest you contact the hosts with the links to offending works with a takedown request.

Do not go to them directly, get it done via their hosts.

In theory you could try legal action if nothing is resolved, however in my experience rackspace and MSN are pretty good at sorting these things when it's pointed out to them.

Just remember to be concise, clear, no accusations of this that or the other. Just the links and the request to remove them as copyright holder of those works.

I'll get into it in more detail later if you wish, however as it stands I have a headache thats registering Kurt Cobain on the pain scale atm.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

the_leander wrote:If you were asked if you wanted your work removed, and you said yes, then they have a legal requirement to comply with that request. You are the copyright holder and unless you have signed a contract (shrinkwrap licences don't count) expressly giving up those rights, the above still stands.
I have emails from and to Shona McKensie that clearly reveal how I requested my work be removed.
the_leander wrote:If they are displaying this or any other work by you without your permission, I suggest you contact the hosts with the links to offending works with a takedown request.

Do not go to them directly, get it done via their hosts.
They are mate. I will indeed contact their hosts because try as I might, I get sod all response from either of the Dome communities.
the_leander wrote:In theory you could try legal action if nothing is resolved, however in my experience rackspace and MSN are pretty good at sorting these things when it's pointed out to them.
Rackspace have yet to respond to my email some 3 weeks or so ago. Don't know about MSN. I did contact them several months back about this entire matter and their response was frankly, flippant.
the_leander wrote:Just remember to be concise, clear, no accusations of this that or the other. Just the links and the request to remove them as copyright holder of those works.
Acknowledged and much appreciated Alan. Thank you for taking the time to research all of this and respond.
the_leander wrote:I'll get into it in more detail later if you wish, however as it stands I have a headache thats registering Kurt Cobain on the pain scale atm.
Ouch... Take your time Alan. I will get everything else sorted from my end and will update you on any feedback I get from their hosts etc.

Cheers :)
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Return to “New Media Poetry on Sensitize ©”