Feedback on Balconies by Mike Daniels aka Danimik

This link will take you to general messages or topics of interest to members of Sensitize ©.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

Hi Mike. I've read your latest poem; Balconies a few times now and I don't know if it's about Tony Blair. I get the feeling it is although I may be totally wrong here. For me it captures images of a frustrated leader caught between his job and the motivations that drove him to taking on that role. Can you give me some points on the piece and clarify please?

It is a mesmerising work :) ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Mike Daniels
poet & writer
Location: The English Queen's Arse, Tongue First 'n' Lovin' It ...

Post by Mike Daniels »

It's more about the failings of religion - the way the trappings of religion attract people, rather than the thought or core values. (I got a pasting for this piece on another thread - apparently, Catholics would reject the piece because it appears to be anti Pope - though I would have thought that having a Pope who was a member of the Hitler Youth might be perceived as more anti-Pope than this piece...)

Its the same mesmeric effect that modern politics has - the snake charmer/snake oil salesman where personality is the only thing of any import. Running alongside that is the thought that we confer stardom on the ill-informed, the ill-educated rather than the talented, or those that make us think.

So, think religion, politics, and by default journalism and you are moving in the right direction.

Mike
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

danimik wrote:It's more about the failings of religion - the way the trappings of religion attract people, rather than the thought or core values. (I got a pasting for this piece on another thread - apparently, Catholics would reject the piece because it appears to be anti Pope - though I would have thought that having a Pope who was a member of the Hitler Youth might be perceived as more anti-Pope than this piece...)
Ah the Pope, the Pope... What a tosser eh? Not just him but all of them, past and present. Don't freak out over it though. I have the same contempt for the Baptists in America, Church of Ireland, Church of England, Presbyterians, Muslims and Judean faiths etc, etc...

It is all pretentious twaddle and of no point to the world unless one is in the business of slavery, and religion is the perfected art of mental slavery. Designed to maintain moronic values in imbeciles and keep a few greedy people in power from generation to generation. Anyone who has read say, more than four books in their entire lifetime, and who buys into religion is either completely retarded or on the church's payrole. But hey, that is just my opinion...

Recently the Pope announced he was exploring a doing away with the whole notion of 'limbo'. That is kind of him! His own people have begged the Vatican for years to get rid of it because it is one of their most offensive and sickening doctrines. Talk about stomping on the uneducated and hammering the fear of god/gods into them! Now, because this former Nazi gulpin wants to invade Africa and Asia he's prepared to lie further about the whole concept. Evil bastard! (Read more here)...

This all comes about because of a core belief in those poor continents (mostly Islamic) that if a baby dies or is still-born it immediately goes to their already indoctrinated notion of a heaven... Whereas the Vatican believes anyone not baptised, including babies, are sinners. It is the Church doing what it has done for centuries. Going into poor regions and giving the people something invisible and unproveable to worry about on top of disease and famine. Just what they never need, ever!
danimik wrote:Its the same mesmeric effect that modern politics has - the snake charmer/snake oil salesman where personality is the only thing of any import. Running alongside that is the thought that we confer stardom on the ill-informed, the ill-educated rather than the talented, or those that make us think.

So, think religion, politics, and by default journalism and you are moving in the right direction.

Mike
Very interesting point you have made by tying journalism in with politics and the religions that govern the maniacs in charge. Well played. I would however argue that there are a few good people within journalism who do work to overthrow corruption / religion and are for the people. We are thin-on-the-ground for now. In some continents and countries we are still being assasinated (read more here).

Perhaps this thread and threads like it will disrupt all the conformist thinkers who through their dog-minded duplicity and emotional / spiritual laziness, have maintained the grips of both control and fear over billions of people down through the millennia. Maybe some Islamic extremists will march on St. Peter's Square and blow themselves and their moronic faith to pieces along with a few drones from another religion. In the sick times and world we are living in, I suppose anything is entirely possible...

I really appreciate your feedback here Mike. Nice one 8) ...

Hyperlinks in this post are to;
newadvent.org;
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/09256a.htm
cbc.ca;
http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2006/10/0 ... limbo.html
Article by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh on Sensitize ©;
http://www.upstaterenegadeproductions.c ... .php?t=315
Last edited by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh on Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
spacecadet
visitor

Post by spacecadet »

Original sin? I've managed to perform some deviant things but I've never managed to be truly original. Maybe I've not been trying hard enough.

So, does this mean that Limbo has never existed? What about Purgatory? Does that exist? What about Hell itself?

Join me in worshipping the Great Spirit Badger. You won't have these stoopid dogmatic bits of nonsense.
spacecadet
visitor

Post by spacecadet »

Lugh wrote: Maybe some Islamic extremists will march on St. Peter's Square and blow themselves and their moronic faith to pieces along with a few drones from another religion.
Welcome to the beginning of the End of Times. Ring side seats are still available. Discounts available for wearers of a Blue Peter Badge and other servants of Satan.
Mike Daniels
poet & writer
Location: The English Queen's Arse, Tongue First 'n' Lovin' It ...

Post by Mike Daniels »

part of the genesis of this piece came after watching part of a tv programme that sought to show how some of the Christian Fundamentalists of North America are actively trying to provoke Armageddon - by following the guidelines set out in Revelation (as if anyone can actually really understand the Book of Revelation whcih seems to me to be the product of mescaline or fly algaric. Maybe I am that stupid though...)

And yes, there are still honest journos, people that report rather than edit, but they are few and far between. Nowadays, the corporate message is more important than the fact...but I still like John Pilger. (Maybe he reports the news that I want to hear though! Truth is though, I recognise that he supports my bias, and so i approach his wrok with an added burden of scepticism every time I hear myself saying 'You tell 'em, John.')

Mike
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

spacecadet wrote:Original sin? I've managed to perform some deviant things but I've never managed to be truly original. Maybe I've not been trying hard enough.
Buy spamming feckers :P ...

Is anything original anymore though Dave? The only things advancing are technologies and virii (virusssssessss)...
spacecadet wrote:So, does this mean that Limbo has never existed? What about Purgatory? Does that exist? What about Hell itself?
Up until the Pope announced he was huffing with Limbo, I never really thought about it that much. A filmaker and good pal of mine; Ann Crilly made a film a few years back called Limbo that drew parallels between the Catholic Church's stand on aborted feotuses, non-baptised or still-born babies and the Disappeared victims of the Troubles over here. It was such a controversial piece that it was released initially in Irish Gaelic then translated into English. Genius wee movie by the way. You might want to check it out sometime...

Aren't Hell and Purgatory the places world leaders want us to believe we're already in? Doesn't their belief that we're already there make it easier for them to gallop in on white steeds and liberate us with taxes? I may be wrong here...
spacecadet wrote:Join me in worshipping the Great Spirit Badger. You won't have these stoopid dogmatic bits of nonsense.
I have it on very good authority that Delph is friends with the Dolphins. You are treading on very thin ground Mr. O. Verrrrrryyyy thin ground. Besides, badgers eat worms :!:
spacecadet wrote: Welcome to the beginning of the End of Times. Ring side seats are still available. Discounts available for wearers of a Blue Peter Badge and other servants of Satan.
Satan? That twat..! Ever since he cried publicly over the death of Shep I've never taken him seriously.

No wait. That was John Noakes...
danimik wrote:part of the genesis of this piece came after watching part of a tv programme that sought to show how some of the Christian Fundamentalists of North America are actively trying to provoke Armageddon - by following the guidelines set out in Revelation (as if anyone can actually really understand the Book of Revelation whcih seems to me to be the product of mescaline or fly algaric. Maybe I am that stupid though...)
Didn't Tony Blair consider converting to Catholicism, the same faith as his wife, a while back? Him and ole Jawwwwge planned to become crusaders against the evilness of Islam. I think they should take a leap of faith and head out to the Middle East, safe in the knowledge their god will protect them and with the word 'Christian' rubber-stamped on their foreheads... I would pay good money to see that...
danimik wrote:And yes, there are still honest journos, people that report rather than edit, but they are few and far between. Nowadays, the corporate message is more important than the fact...but I still like John Pilger. (Maybe he reports the news that I want to hear though! Truth is though, I recognise that he supports my bias, and so i approach his wrok with an added burden of scepticism every time I hear myself saying 'You tell 'em, John.')

Mike
I haven't actually checked out any of John Pilger's work mate. Must get on to that immediately. Sounds like a cool dude. If you have any links, I would be grateful if you posted them into here Mike.

Cheers :)
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Actually. Strike that last comment out please. How bloody dense can I be at times?

Of course I'm familiar with John Pilger's work...

Just not as sussed as others obviously... Doh :oops: ..!

Hyperlink in this post is the © copyright property of and to;
John Pilger http://www.johnpilger.com/
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Return to “General Messages on Sensitize ©”