Spammer situation addressed...

This link will take you to general messages or topics of interest to members of Sensitize ©.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Spammer situation addressed...

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

Hi Delph and Psi. Just a quick message to say I have copied (see below) all of your messages concerning the spammers targeting our Guidelines page. I'm now gonna delete those original messages and wish to apologise for taking this liberty and all the confusion, but it was purely so our Guidelines page remained just so. I hope you understand folks...
delph_ambi wrote:Lugh, please delete this spam.

Surely there's some way of organising things so that 'guests' cannot post? Must be possible.
upstate wrote:
delph_ambi wrote:Lugh, please delete this spam.

Surely there's some way of organising things so that 'guests' cannot post? Must be possible.
Hi Delph :D ...

I've just flicked the setting back over to 'registered users only'. Hopefully that should sort this out. What it means (I think) is that people have to join before posting. Time will tell. To be honest, I'm not fully sure at the moment.

When you have read this message and the other one under the Guidelines section, can you acknowledge them with a simple 'yay' or 'nay' and I'll delete these posts as well. Oh, and thanks for correcting my spelling of the word 'recipe'. I've never been sure on that one.

Cheers...
delph_ambi wrote:But if I write 'nay', doesn't that mean I haven't read what you just wrote? I must have done, to have written 'nay' in the first place. I think you'd better delete this, and the guidelines post, before I get totally lost in a logical conundrum... :shock:
psikottix wrote:
delph_ambi wrote:But if I write 'nay', doesn't that mean I haven't read what you just wrote? I must have done, to have written 'nay' in the first place. I think you'd better delete this, and the guidelines post, before I get totally lost in a logical conundrum... :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lovely to see you still around, delph!!!

:D
delph_ambi wrote:I don't know what that link is, and I'm certainly not about to try to find out. As I've just said in another post, Lugh, please try and set things so that 'guests' cannot post.
upstate wrote:
delph_ambi wrote:I don't know what that link is, and I'm certainly not about to try to find out. As I've just said in another post, Lugh, please try and set things so that 'guests' cannot post.
I have done Delph, or at least I thought I had lol. I've removed that top post from the spammer anyways. I'll have to put the Guidelines page back onto a restricted setting, but what that means is that the members' poll becomes pointless because to sign it, people must join and the people posting these messages don't look that interested.

I will get it sorted out within the next few hours Delph and would be very grateful for any suggestions you have. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Best wishes...
Thanks...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.

Return to “General Messages on Sensitize ©”