!!!...FREE WINSTON MATTHEWS...!!!

HEALING HERBS (A Medical Cannabis Information Film) By Louis P. Burns aka Lugh & Diarmuid McGowan. © Upstate Renegade Productions 2003 / 2007 / 2008. All rights reserved.

In the Summer of 2003, Louis P. Burns aka Lugh from Upstate Renegade Productions was invited to film at an undisclosed medical cannabis farm in the U.K. Our host, who wishes to remain known as Vel due to current British legislation, took us step by step through the growing stages of medical cannabis, from cutting shed to fully mature plants ready for harvesting.

Like Vel, Lugh lives with physical disabilities that limit his mobility and cause him constant and severe pain. He was inspired to produce the HEALING HERBS film in defense of disabled people's right to alleviate their discomfort with cannabis shortly after watching a video recorded episode of the; Mark Thomas Comedy Product entitled; The Genetically Modified Mark Thomas Comedy Product (Vera Productions, 1998). This show gave an opportunity for disabled people who used medical cannabis to confront the then Home Secretary, Jack Straw.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

Disabled UK man Winston Matthews has been sentenced to 16 months in prison for growing his medicinal and personal use cannabis to ease his discomfort and pain. Click here to read all about it on the campaign group's Facebook page. You will need a Facebook account to view this.

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Stuart Richards at Get Surrey on Winston Matthews, medical w

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

Stuart Richards on Get Surrey wrote:A MAN who grew cannabis in his loft and used the drug as a painkiller for chronic back problems has been granted a reduction in his prison sentence.

Pro-cannabis campaigner Winston Matthews, 55, of Upfield Close, Horley, took his case to the Court of Appeal last Thursday (April 19) and had his jail term cut from 16 to 12 months.
Read the full news story and comments here: http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/s/21125 ... w_cannabis

My comment posted to there in response to this news story:

'I echo many of the comments above about the futility of sending someone to prison for growing a plant known for centuries and multiple cultures to aid pain relief among many other great benefits. I also recognise the same tired old reason why, and it's because the big pharmaceutical companies stand to lose profits if people grow their own cannabis or other herbal pain relief / remedies. The greed of a few CEO's and their politician friends overruling what most sane people know for a fact to be as natural as stretching exercises or deep rhythmic breathing, or mint for indigestion. Will those people upholding any imprisonment for anyone using cannabis for pain relief also be working towards outlawing mint, breathing and stretching?

On a personal note. I've known Mr. Matthews as a friend on Facebook and via online human rights campaign groups. I have always found him to be a democratic and gentle soul with an exceptional taste in music and a keen insight into what would constitute a fairer world. Prison is the very last place a man like Winston should be and I view his incarceration to be an abuse of legal powers as well as unjustly cruel.

Very sincerely,

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh (human rights campaigner - Derry, Ireland)
...'

Thanks to Alun Buffry; medical cannabis and human rights campaigner and Winston's son; Paul Matthews for updating me on Winston's situation via Facebook. The two hyperlinks in that last sentence are to Alun and Paul's Facebook profiles where you can get updated on much more about the campaign to have Winston Matthews freed...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.

Return to “HEALING HERBS (A Medical Cannabis Information Film) Discussion Group.”