Wanker of the Week # 1

This link will take you to new media / multimedia journalism by members of Sensitize ©

Freedom of Speech reigns supreme here.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

WHO IS WANKER OF THE WEEK # 1..?

George Michael
No votes
Prince Charles
17%
Trading Standards
No votes
Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni & The Likud Party + anyone of Israeli nationality who voted for the fuckers
17%
Tony Blair, the bloke with an imaginary scapegoat called God...
67%

Total votes: 6

upstate
lugh's sensitize toolkit
Location: A cardigan pocket, amid handkerchiefs and hard boiled, fruit flavoured sweets.

Wanker of the Week # 1

Post by upstate »

Right. I've had to make a few slight adjustments because I assumed I could update the voting poll for Wanker of the Week whenever necessary... I can't.

Please refer back to the original Wanker of the Week poll on General Messages to see the original, but the poll above is our official Wanker of the Week # 1. I've decided that this should run until midnight Sunday (today), 5th March, 2006 instead of as suggested, 8pm. This is to accommodate our newer members who may not have sussed navigation on SENSITIZE © .

Whoever is voted Wanker of the Week, will have to face up to it, all of this week. New nominations from members for Wanker of the Week # 2, will begin tomorrow...

This week's contenders are;

George Michael, Prince Charles, Trading Standards, Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni & The Likud Party + anyone of Israeli nationality who voted for the fuckers, Tony Blair, the bloke with an imaginary scapegoat called God...

You. The good people on SENSITIZE © decide. WHO IS:-
  • WANKER OF THE WEEK # 1..?
Please note. The original poll still counts and there have been 2 votes for Trading Standards. 1 vote for George Michael and 1 vote for Prince Charles...

To see the original poll which is still part of this poll, please click here...
Last edited by upstate on Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joanne chapman
activist and campaigner

Post by joanne chapman »

Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:43 pm Post subject: Wanker of the Week - God-botherer Bliar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sayas it all, really...

Tim

God will judge me, PM tells Parkinson

Michael White, political editor
Saturday March 4, 2006
The Guardian

Tony Blair is reconciled to the prospect that God and history will eventually judge his decision to go to war with Iraq, and says his decision, like much of his policymaking, was underpinned by his Christian faith.

Mr Blair made the remarks in an appearance on Parkinson to be broadcast tonight, in which he spoke of the struggle with his conscience to do the right thing because people's lives are at stake.

Asked about Iraq, the prime minister said: "Well, I think if you have faith about these things, then you realise that judgment is made by other people."

Questioned further, he added: "If you believe in God, [the judgment] is made by God as well."

Michael Parkinson asked: "So will you pray to God when you make a decision like that?" Mr Blair said merely: "Well, I don't want to get into something like that."

Unlike George Bush, who said God told him to launch the Iraq campaign, Mr Blair has taken care to keep his faith away from political discourse. He once bridled visibly when asked by Jeremy Paxman if he and Mr Bush prayed together. But he confirmed the thesis put forward by more than one biographer that it was his rediscovery of religion while at Oxford University which led him into politics.

[snip]

bluegreenearth.com / europeansocialecologyinstitute.org

groups.yahoo.com/group/bluegreenearth/

jo

Posted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:00 pm Post subject: Re: Wanker of the Week - God-botherer Bliar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim wrote:
sayas it all, really...

Tim

God will judge me, PM tells Parkinson

Michael White, political editor
Saturday March 4, 2006
The Guardian

Tony Blair is reconciled to the prospect that God and history will eventually judge his decision to go to war with Iraq, and says his decision, like much of his policymaking, was underpinned by his Christian faith.

Mr Blair made the remarks in an appearance on Parkinson to be broadcast tonight, in which he spoke of the struggle with his conscience to do the right thing because people's lives are at stake.

Asked about Iraq, the prime minister said: "Well, I think if you have faith about these things, then you realise that judgment is made by other people."

Questioned further, he added: "If you believe in God, [the judgment] is made by God as well."

Michael Parkinson asked: "So will you pray to God when you make a decision like that?" Mr Blair said merely: "Well, I don't want to get into something like that."

Unlike George Bush, who said God told him to launch the Iraq campaign, Mr Blair has taken care to keep his faith away from political discourse. He once bridled visibly when asked by Jeremy Paxman if he and Mr Bush prayed together. But he confirmed the thesis put forward by more than one biographer that it was his rediscovery of religion while at Oxford University which led him into politics.

[snip]

Ahh, bless him. That's OK Mr Blair, God will forgive ya for all the lives lost in 'the war on terror' or is it 'terror of war'. Smarmy bastard.

I think the judgement is already here mate, you don't have to wait til you die.
It gives a lovely light!

-- Edna St. Vincent Millay
~Claire and Christian~

Copied from the other WANKER of the WEEK!!
Tim Barton, BlueGreenEart
activist & guest member

Post subject: Wanker of the Week # 1

Post by Tim Barton, BlueGreenEart »

Likud in there as well - damn, I'm split - but still think
Bliar has it by a neck (until the re-annexation of Gaza
and Jerusalem, after which...)

;-)
Tim Barton - Administrator and Owner of:

^ Click to visit ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Re: Post subject: Wanker of the Week # 1

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

Tim wrote:Likud in there as well - damn, I'm split - but still think
Bliar has it by a neck (until the re-annexation of Gaza
and Jerusalem, after which...)

;-)
The world will blow up...

Ah well. No alarms and no suprises eh..? Tony Blair is;-
  • WANKER OF THE WEEK # 1
Here onSENSITIZE ©
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
joanne chapman
activist and campaigner

Post by joanne chapman »

Who we got for wanker of the week two then? I am waiting to cask my vote.
joanne chapman
activist and campaigner

Post by joanne chapman »

Sorry, Cast my vote.
upstate
lugh's sensitize toolkit
Location: A cardigan pocket, amid handkerchiefs and hard boiled, fruit flavoured sweets.

Post by upstate »

jo wrote:Sorry, Cast my vote.
Whoever you want Jo...

Sorry, bit tied up here at the moment working on some writing. You nominate whoever you want, best do it on the general messages and specify that it's for poll # 2. When other members do the same, I'll create the poll and we can all discuss and then cast our votes.

Howzzat?
joanne chapman
activist and campaigner

Post by joanne chapman »

upstate wrote:
jo wrote:Sorry, Cast my vote.
Whoever you want Jo...

Sorry, bit tied up here at the moment working on some writing. You nominate whoever you want, best do it on the general messages and specify that it's for poll # 2. When other members do the same, I'll create the poll and we can all discuss and then cast our votes.

Howzzat?
Ok, I'll do it tomorrow.
upstate
lugh's sensitize toolkit

Post by upstate »

Nice one mate :)
Salvador Oria
poet & writer

Post by Salvador Oria »

I cast my vote for Prince Charles. The other alternatives are actually subjects that are around now and probably will sink soon under their own balls' weight. My selection will stay instead for ages to come unless papparazzi speedsters finish the job they began a few years ago and missed miserably...
"...my dreams were all my own; i accounted for them to nobody; they
were my refuge when annoyed - my dearest pleasure when free."
mary shelley in her author's introduction to "frankestein", 1831.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Attn Argie and all participants to this thread...

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

Attn: all participants to this thread...

Hi folks. With your permissions, I would like to remove this sequence of messages and begin again with this thread. I may be wrong but I feel Sensitize has matured somewhat and we are in a better position to create proper new media journalism now.

I would appreciate all participants to this thread's opinions...

Cheers and best wishes :)
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
the_leander
visitor

Post by the_leander »

Snip away dude.
spacecadet
visitor

Post by spacecadet »

Tough call.

I'd also like to nominate Richard Branson. OK, so he gave away 3 billion dollars towards stopping greenhouse gases but I'm rather sure that within a few miles of his house some poor old grandmothers who can't afford to keep paying for their inflated housing will freeze to death in poverty this winter.

I suppose "the environment" is rather trendier than helping a granny who smells of wee.

Return to “New Media Journalism on Sensitize ©”