Second John Peel Day Announced...

This link will take you to general messages or topics of interest to members of Sensitize ©.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

Second John Peel Day Announced...

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

The second John Peel Day has been announced and is scheduled for 12 October this year. All throughout Ireland and the UK it is hoped that many bands and DJ's will celebrate John's life with tracks made famous by him on the John Peel Sessions - BBC Radio 1.
bbc news wrote:A second John Peel day will be held on 12 October to mark the anniversary of the late DJ's last BBC Radio 1 show.
bbc news wrote:a day in which we can celebrate the great man, new music and continue his legacy
Read the full article here.

Maybe some of the poets or writers working through Sensitize would be interested in doing a piece in honour of him? If you are, can you respond to this message please?

Cheers...

Picture in this message copyright;
The Guardian - http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/ ... thome3.jpg
hyperlink in this message copyright;
BBC News - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5295616.stm
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Ode To John Peel. By Louis P. Burns aka Lugh © 2006

ode to john peel
By Louis P. Burns aka Lugh © 2006. All Rights Reserved
Editor - Catherine Edmunds
  • the summer has been silenced
    airwaves bleed but feel less real
    festivals are lifeless jokes
    without his love, his zeal

and some things maintain balance
    others keep good vibes intact
    his undertones discovery
    kept our minds tuned to this fact

his sessions show on radio one
    got new bands a record deal
    so this poem is for all of that
    i say 'well played, mr peel...'
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

I have posted the above poem to the BBC John Peel Tribute pages - Keeping It Peel. Hopefully the Beeb will upload it to there...

John Peel Day is next thursday people. Anyone else got anything they want to post in?
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Ah well. Maybe next year...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

the_leander
visitor

Post by the_leander »

Gotta be honest, I couldn't abide the man, his voice to me was like running fingernails over a chalk board....
spacecadet
visitor

Post by spacecadet »

I just thought he was like a slightly forgetful old uncle figure.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

the_leander wrote:Gotta be honest, I couldn't abide the man, his voice to me was like running fingernails over a chalk board....
It was the music he played though Alan. Bands like The Cure, The Fall, Stone Roses, Primal Scream... The list is massive. Listening to his show was like having a window into all things nonconformist. A suss on the Indie music scene and a far cry from the shite spewed out on Top of the Pops...
spacecadet wrote:I just thought he was like a slightly forgetful old uncle figure.
Perhaps so, as he got older. But like I said in my response to Alan, it was the music...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

spacecadet
visitor

Post by spacecadet »

'twas nowt to do with his age, he was always a rambler. He used to rattle on and on and never get to a point. His stories use to be like "so I went to see this band and got invited back stage, and I went back stage to see them but they'd left early, so I never spoke to them." He was almost like a comedy skit of himself.

It was wonderful in a way.
the_leander
visitor

Post by the_leander »

Lugh wrote:
the_leander wrote:Gotta be honest, I couldn't abide the man, his voice to me was like running fingernails over a chalk board....
It was the music he played though Alan. Bands like The Cure, The Fall, Stone Roses, Primal Scream... The list is massive. Listening to his show was like having a window into all things nonconformist. A suss on the Indie music scene and a far cry from the shite spewed out on Top of the Pops...
Before my time old bean, I just remember his rambling tone on the radio.

I listened to him for a whole minute once, I swear I almost ground my teeth to the root he went through me that much.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

hahahahahahaha

Ah well. At least he's being remembered...

(Giggling my head off at what you typed Alan) :P ...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS

Return to “General Messages on Sensitize ©”