BBC ban ANTI-WAR song in case a few MP's are offended!!!

This link will take you to posts from activists of all sorts and may at times crossover to messages on the community arts activists pages of Sensitize ©.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer

BBC ban ANTI-WAR song in case a few MP's are offended!!!

Post by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh »

BBC BAN BLAIR
  • The BBC have banned the hit single War, which features a Tony Blair lookalike in the accompanying video, over fears that its pro-peace message will offend the government. This is our cue to make it number one and then they will have to play it. Already national news have shown footage of the enormous anti-wart demonstration last Saturday, which they did not show at the time of the event!!

The record, by the band Ugly Rumours (Blair’s college band), is currently Number Six in the UK single chart and is expected to vie with Take That for the top spot this Sunday. The song, and the video, have already featured in a local BBC news programme and the single was the ‘and finally’ spot on last night’s ITV news. It has created enormous interest around the world. And has been played and broadcast on TV stations from Damascus to Mexico City.

The BBC Radio One Newsbeat programme was due to record a package about the single today, but pulled out at the last minute, claiming that the record was ‘not newsworthy’. However, sources at the highest level within the BBC have privately confirmed that a banning order has been instituted.

The record joins others bizarrely banned by the Bush and Blair Corporation, such as Something In The Air Tonight and Walk Like An Egyptian, both censored by the BBC during the first Gulf War. And in the second Gulf War a leaked memo by the corporation’s head of news, Richard Sambrooke, told staff that too many ‘extreme anti-war’ views were being aired.

Tony Blair (the singer) said: ‘I may have taken the country to war on a pack of lies, but when I now try to push the message about world peace I'm gagged. Where is Alastair when I need him?

Respect MP George Galloway, who features on the video along with Tony Blair’s (the exiting Prime Minister) sister-in-law Lauren Booth demanded
    that the record was reinstated on the playlist and that a statement be made by the director-general about why the BBC is censoring one of the country’s most popular songs.

This lickspittle BBC has a deplorable record of toadying to the government. Let’s not forget that only three people have lost their jobs over the war, two of them BBC employees,’ Galloway said, ‘and not one government minister has paid the price for sending us into this illegal and immoral war. I will be raising this in parliament and I am writing to the director-general, if he isn’t too busy visiting the chic restaurants in Manchester, demanding an explanation and the dropping of this banning order.’

Galloway added that he would asking the sacked BBC employee Andrew Gilligan whose reports have been entirely vindicated by history - to take part in Ugly Rumour’s follow-up single and video.

GET TONY INTO THE CHARTS! "WAR (WHAT IS GOOD FOR)"
    BUY IT FROM YOUR MOBILE NOW!

Click;
    http://www.uglyrumours.com/

Text "peace1" to 78789

ALL PROFITS GO TO STOP THE WAR COALITION

(Text Cost £1.50 Plus Normal Operator Charges)

See the video at;
    http://www.uglyrumours.com/

NO TRIDENT

DON`T ATTACK IRAN

We need to spread the message as the mainstream media will not help us. Please forward this email onto everyone you know/put it up onto your web site/tell all your friends and family about it.

Thank you

Peace
N.B. (The text above is a tidied up version of an email I recieved earlier today and is originally from George Galloway MP - Leader of the Respect Party.)
Last edited by Louis P. Burns aka Lugh on Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225

Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.
psikottix
visitor

Post by psikottix »

I find the BBC ban on this song appalling. Absolutely appalling. Afraid to upset the government? A pox be upon them!!!! Is this to mean that all satire is to be banned?

Seriously disgruntled by this!!!!

:evil:

Return to “Activism on Sensitize ©”