The Veil Debate

This link will take you to ongoing debates and discussions on several topics of interest to members of Sensitize ©. All members of Sensitize © are welcome to start new debates and discussions.

Moderator: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh

Should all religious education be banned in schools?

Yes
4
44%
No
1
11%
Yes and my reasons for coming to this conclusion are posted on this thread.
1
11%
No and my reasons for coming to this conclusion are posted on this thread.
3
33%
 
Total votes: 9

User avatar
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer
Posts: 2184
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:32 am
Location: Derry, Ireland
Contact:

Postby Louis P. Burns aka Lugh » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:59 pm

spacecadet wrote:Post removed.

I don't know if you're angry at me for this Dave. Realistically though, there are muppets* out there, as well you know, who revel in fucking other people's work (including online communities and forums like this one) up.

Do you want me to remove my initial request to you as well? It would seem silly to have me quoting you when your message no longer exists.

spacecadet wrote:I think you summed up the veil debate quite nicely there.

Can you clarify please Dave?

*Eline could be lurking and being a complete muppet for no other reason than that she is one...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225


Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.

spacecadet
visitor

Postby spacecadet » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:28 pm

That such a comment could make you stop and worry sums up the debate about attitudes. I can't see why you're so touchy.

What I said in the thread is nothing I wouldn't say in front of the Asian guys at work, indeed the irony of the situation re: christmas party has already been pointed out to them.

I work in a room that's 1/3rd Asian, 1/3 Black, 1/3 White. It's all really well integrated. There's no problems and noone gets touchy about anything.

User avatar
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer
Posts: 2184
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:32 am
Location: Derry, Ireland
Contact:

Postby Louis P. Burns aka Lugh » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:53 pm

spacecadet wrote:That such a comment could make you stop and worry sums up the debate about attitudes. I can't see why you're so touchy.

What I said in the thread is nothing I wouldn't say in front of the Asian guys at work, indeed the irony of the situation re: christmas party has already been pointed out to them.

I work in a room that's 1/3rd Asian, 1/3 Black, 1/3 White. It's all really well integrated. There's no problems and noone gets touchy about anything.

Firstly Dave, I apologise unreservedly for this situation. Perhaps I am worrying unnecessarily but once bitten twice shy and all that. If you read the small print in my last message you'll see why I refer to Eline. I'm sure you remember how she caused me to lose the original Sensitize on MSN. Eline and a few other complete imbeciles, one in particular called Sarah Holmes aka Fly, took great pleasure in reporting websites that offended them and worked to destroy talented people's work. It's why I never let up once in my fight with the Dome's management, because they condoned and frequently encouraged their pathetic existences.

You occasionally post messages referring to riots in Northern Ireland. I could take offence at that but choose to joke back with you mostly. It is fucking laughable, the whole situation over here. Others would take offence further and some of that can spill over into hate campaigns and pointless conflict.

I'm tired fighting to defend what is at the end of the day an environment for creative people to work together. So yes, I can be a little touchy at times.., but can you blame me?

I'm typing all of this and it now seems useless. We're more than likely going to remove these last few messages so that the thread can continue... Yes, this is a clear example of how people are being herded towards censorship / self-censorship...

Thanks and I am sorry Dave...
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225


Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.

spacecadet
visitor

Postby spacecadet » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:10 pm

Lugh wrote:Yes, this is a clear example of how people are being herded towards censorship / self-censorship...


I was trying to draw that conclusion but I most certainly wasn't having a dig. And I am really, really sorry about the whole Northern Ireland trouble thing but it does sort of crack me up in that naive/confused sort of way, but please rest assured that it has to be folk like the Orangemen who make we whoop with laughter the most. (Feck me, those hats!)

Sorry. There I go again.

I can't help it.

The moment I stop pointing and laughing is the moment I realise just how pointless humanity is and I start wishing for that asteroid to find us. In the meantime while we're waiting for extinction if I can manage to hold a mirror up to a situation every now and then and make people think, even through the red haze of anger, then I feel I must do so.

It is my density. ;)

User avatar
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
site owner, media producer & writer
Posts: 2184
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:32 am
Location: Derry, Ireland
Contact:

Postby Louis P. Burns aka Lugh » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:51 pm

spacecadet wrote:
Lugh wrote:Yes, this is a clear example of how people are being herded towards censorship / self-censorship...


I was trying to draw that conclusion but I most certainly wasn't having a dig. And I am really, really sorry about the whole Northern Ireland trouble thing but it does sort of crack me up in that naive/confused sort of way, but please rest assured that it has to be folk like the Orangemen who make we whoop with laughter the most. (Feck me, those hats!)

Sorry. There I go again.

I can't help it.

The moment I stop pointing and laughing is the moment I realise just how pointless humanity is and I start wishing for that asteroid to find us. In the meantime while we're waiting for extinction if I can manage to hold a mirror up to a situation every now and then and make people think, even through the red haze of anger, then I feel I must do so.

It is my density. ;)

Right. I've had a chance to mull this one over and in all reality Dave, I was wrong to make my request earlier. It was a bout of paranoia based on past experiences with Eline, Fraser Duncan (or Numb Nuts as I've come to call him), Sarah Holmes, Suzi Pritchard and a few other brainless fuckwits who accommodated them.

If you are willing to, you can copy and paste from my message that initially quoted and censored you and edit your original post back to how it was.

Oh and Orangemen... They're not right in the head mate. It's refreshing to hear a British (and I assume English) person say they too whoop with laughter at them and their hats.
Louis P. Burns aka Lugh
Administrator, editor & owner of the Sensitize © online community of forums and domain for artists, e-poets, filmmakers, media/music producers and writers working through here. To buy the Kindle book of Illustrated Poetry, Sensitize © - Volume One / Poems that could be Films if they were Funded by myself with illustrations by Welsh filmmaker and graphic artist; Norris Nuvo click here for N. Ireland and UK sales. If purchasing in the U.S.A. or internationally then please click here.

ASIN B00L1RS0UI

My writing is not covered by Creative Commons policy and may not be republished without permission. All rights reserved. All Sensitize © Arts sponsorship donations and postal inquiries to:

Louis P. Burns
42 Farland Way
DERRY
N. Ireland.
BT48 0RS
Telephone (UK): 028 71219225


Click here to Join Sensitize © Arts via Facebook or to contact the site owner: Louis P. Burns aka Lugh with any forum hosting or site related inquiries.


Return to “Debate & Discussion on Sensitize ©”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests